Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Thanks To Those Who Report Spammers

Steve

Thanks to those who are reporting the spamming we are getting lately. Please continue, we do crush them :)

It has got worse over the last few weeks and we are working to get it stopped.

Also I am aware that paid members cannot report spammers and trying to find out why this is happening, bear with me.

cheers

Steve there may be an error in the script of IPBoard , unless you can find it then other way would be to manually edit the Database of the users.

Problem with Spam these days is alot of them are actual people so they get passed the codes , i used to find spam always double named when registering and i controlled them by restricting them on registration to the New members forum , but that would be hard to control due the ammount of people registering here , mine was only a few per week lol.

There are different ways, I have ways of vetting the list as I had some script coded to do this. but its only as good as the person checking them.

Many are sweat shops paying people to register. Also the chllange questions need changing now and again.

we used to manually authorize, but then people had to wait which is not good. it is better to remove the spammers later on and get more new members posting their questions while the iron is hot.

I must say a big thanks for dealing with them so quickly. Must be a right pain keeping on top of them.

Hey I was brought up on spam butties lol, ..........when I spot something I always report it to a mod via pm then never hear anything back :-(, a thanks reply dont hurt anybodys finger tips.

Hey I was brought up on spam butties lol, ..........when I spot something I always report it to a mod via pm then never hear anything back :-(, a thanks reply dont hurt anybodys finger tips.

This threads as close as you'll get lol ;)

I reported some 'girl' yesterday and she was shut down asap, well done mods.

She posted links to a religious site blethering on about sexual intercourse and alah in some sort of bible?!?!?!

There are different ways, I have ways of vetting the list as I had some script coded to do this. but its only as good as the person checking them.

Many are sweat shops paying people to register. Also the chllange questions need changing now and again.

we used to manually authorize, but then people had to wait which is not good. it is better to remove the spammers later on and get more new members posting their questions while the iron is hot.

Hi Steve,

With the wealth of information on the site these days mate,

You could charge members to join the site from the start,

this would see the spam plummet and leave things a little bit easier for yourself

and the rest of the moderators, i think the membership fee is a small price to pay

for 365days of help, support, fun and modification ideas

Others may hate me for posting this idea :lol:

but in all honesty People who hasn’t gained knowledge and used the guides available on this site

and found them helpful??

The membership is worth every penny,:D

i am proud to be a Member of FOC

i have payed up front to become a member of other sites in the past, only to find their not half as good as this one, they dont have half the guides or knowledge that this site has.

Sorry mate.. we really do appreciate it. Please do keep reporting them, they are what keeps the boards clean and crap free. Plus for security of others.

big thumbs up from the team!

Hi Steve,

With the wealth of information on the site these days mate,

You could charge members to join the site from the start,

this would see the spam plummet and leave things a little bit easier for yourself

and the rest of the moderators, i think the membership fee is a small price to pay

for 365days of help, support, fun and modification ideas

Others may hate me for posting this idea :lol:

but in all honesty People who hasn’t gained knowledge and used the guides available on this site

and found them helpful??

The membership is worth every penny,:D

i am proud to be a Member of FOC

i have payed up front to become a member of other sites in the past, only to find their not half as good as this one, they dont have half the guides or knowledge that this site has.

Thanks for your input Lenny!

We currently love having the club open and it helps people out when they really need it.

I am sure if members really get a lot of use then they may feel like supporting, but we will probably always keep the use of the club free.

It's everyone's input that makes the club a great place to be :)

I told Steve what the answer is... Just promote us all to admin ;) lol...

In all fairness it has been a quick response, and I can kind of see what Lenny is saying - even if the site operated a "deposit" scheme... - Post spam - lose your years membership, if your clean after 6 months and regular posting, you get your money back, or you can donate it to the cause... Kind of works, but a lot wouldnt agree I suppose.

Spam is always a problem, and maybe its a case that you could get scripts that review the wording of someones profile and/or post, if there are any random -illogical- cack such as ahsegdhjAUGHFKAHGFahdgfaGHFSADHGFAj as the persons car model, or within the content of the URL they are pointing, then the post is reported to admin immediately?

Otherwise as Steve says, its best to catch up with them than affect everyone... Unfortunately they are all one step ahead, and since the introduction of captcha's and all the rest, it has subsided, but now people are being paid to waste their time posting the links...

She posted links to a site blethering on about sexual intercourse and alah in some sort of bible?!?!?!

bugger I miss all the good post's lol,

The team do a sterling job of the site and I agree with Lenny 100%, jez even if somebody came on just for the radio code they'd have there monies worth

• Like 1

true point fispond... especially when ford charge an arm and a leg for it!

• Like 1

I just killed 116 spammers and dumped their bodies on swamp land LOL

I have ifugured that the question we ask are added to software so they get round this.. funny they stop when you change question.

still a few more to go though

• Like 1

May be worth modding the questions more regularly... I dont suppose that would be too difficult? I know that it will eventually become more difficult to find a 'unique' question to add to the list, without changing the site content...

Although I suppose, you could always say "click this link" and tell me what the 5th word of the 9th line of the T's and C's of the forum are...? just varying it that way?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club