Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 And 6 Year Dpf Cost

dah

Hi All

Just had a bit of a shock found out from TCH Derby the extra cost of the DPF service on top of the 3 and 6 year service cost.

£200 on top of service cost for DPF top up.

£800 on top of service cost for DPF full service.

Looks like it will have to go befor it gets to 6 years old.

Thanks Dave

the Fiesta DPFs don't need topping up, they are the maintenance free type

the Focus ones are tho

that said, if you don't take them for a long spin out every now and then, they will fail

you can tell when it is in the middle of regenerating because the fan will be on after you switch ignition off and you get a "hot" smell from the engine. if you keep interrupting the regenerations, take it for a half hour motorway blast at 2000-3000 revs

• Like 1

that said, if you don't take them for a long spin out every now and then, they will fail

you can tell when it is in the middle of regenerating because the fan will be on after you switch ignition off and you get a "hot" smell from the engine. if you keep interrupting the regenerations, take it for a half hour motorway blast at 2000-3000 revs

+1 for you orcomma! Had that literally the first trip i did in the car! Picked it up, took it home, stopped on the drive and the fan's still going... i hadnt asked the garage why yet but now i know! lol

If i have that again, ill make sure i go for a half hour journey up the A1!

What is DPF , i know what it stands for but how do i know if i have one ? 1.6tdci 59 reg

What is DPF , i know what it stands for but how do i know if i have one ? 1.6tdci 59 reg

A "Diesel Particulate Filter" is part of the emissions system.

I believe that with the 1.6 TDCI engines, the 90PS engines don't have it and the 95PS engines do.

I think the change was March 2010 which means yours won't have one.

Cheers

Rog

they added a DPF to bring it into line with the tough Euro-5 emissions requirements - which whilst it might be good for johnny polar bear, its bad news come MOT time for the 95PS models which will be subject to stricter emissions criteria at the exhaust probe.

the Fiesta DPFs don't need topping up, they are the maintenance free type

the Focus ones are tho

Really...I thought they needed fluid top-ups......so are the DPFs fitted to Fiestas the newer ceramic wrapped type that dont need expensive regen fluids...?

Thanx

Ken

Really...I thought they needed fluid top-ups......so are the DPFs fitted to Fiestas the newer ceramic wrapped type that dont need expensive regen fluids...?

Thanx

Ken

yip ceramic matrix. sounds space age!