Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye Bye Fiesta

grin factor

After only having the Fiesta for a year, its going. I bought it as my wife loved it, but sadly it lacks any oomph, is quite thirsty, and the paintwork is !Removed! paper thin. Very disappointing after reading all the glowing reports about "a punchy engine" etc. !Removed!.

So its going on Tuesday, and a Volvo C30 2.0D is taking its place. The only thing I liked was the comfortable seats & the way it handled, but the Volvo is just as comfy, and has a stonking engine

well a 2.0D will definitely be more punchy than a 1.25 Fiesta......

what did you expect of a smallest possible engine with power barely enough to run a good lawnmower?! if you wanted punchy, 1.6Ti-VCT would fit you - definitely quicker than volvo 2.0D :D

After only having the Fiesta for a year, its going. I bought it as my wife loved it, but sadly it lacks any oomph, is quite thirsty, and the paintwork is !Removed! paper thin. Very disappointing after reading all the glowing reports about "a punchy engine" etc. !Removed!.

So its going on Tuesday, and a Volvo C30 2.0D is taking its place. The only thing I liked was the comfortable seats & the way it handled, but the Volvo is just as comfy, and has a stonking engine

Hope enjoy your new car B)

But is a 1.25 engine with 80 odd bhp "punchy"? - no

Is a 2.0 Volvo diesel "stonking"? - no

sorry but no volvo can be described as 'stonking' unless its a t5 police model, but good luck to you with it!

Did you not think before you got a 1.25, that the Fiesta weighs a weight, and the engine has to move that weight before it can get to speed, and the lower the engine, the more work it has to do to shift said weight! Of course the 1.25 isn't a 'Punchy Engine' try the 1.6Ti-VCT. I had the 1.6TDCI and on test driving the 1.6Ti-VCT I was amazed how much quicker it takes off, literally thrown back in to the seat and even bottoms out of revs if your not careful, infact yesterday I managed a complete 1st-2nd-5th completely missing 3rd & 4th out, which I don't do often as I normally drive it sensibly!

Gotta love VCT though havent you lol!!

Personally i love the torquiness of a diesel, and being able to overtake without dropping 2 gears... Maybe im just lazy lol!

Is the 2.0 Volvo a D5?? if so it'll shift!

I have driven the TDCi when mine was in for service and wasn't that impressed. If anyone has a look on whatcar.com's video report on the fiesta, they go on about a punchy engine.

The volvo puts out 236 ft/lb of torque, and even in 6th at 50 it pulls very well, think the 0-62 is 9 secs, but I'm a tad lazy too, so being able to put my foor down without dropping a few gears is great.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club