Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chain Or Belt Camshaft Drive?

NorthSussex

This thread (or I) seem to have wound some members up a bit, for which I am sorry, but it does show that not all the information we receive from other members on the forum or get from official Ford sources is not always correct.

It’s good sometimes to have a heated debate on the forum providing we are not rude or get too personal; I will do my best to abide by this, I am a bit of a grumpy old man at times, and I apologise..

I am sure a lot of members would be interested in the subject,

You are right. What they need is a simple answer and not a long thread with differing answers.

and I have differing answers from mechanics, so I think it is relevant.

This is not a quantum physics, it is easy to check when looking into engine bay so do not understand what kind of problem mechanics can have.

If you don’t like the word “Votes” change it to “Opinions”. Is that OK?

Does not really matter to me. I understand your concerns and if I were you I would like to be 100% sure as well. But this thread is not leading anywhere. You have differing answers from mechanics and from forum members. How are you going to choose the correct one as everybody is sure he is right?

Look also here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/17415-focus-18-engine-cover-duratec-he/

Check post #5 and #6, compare photos and your engine.

You are right. What they need is a simple answer and not a long thread with differing answers.

This is not a quantum physics, it is easy to check when looking into engine bay so do not understand what kind of problem mechanics can have.

Does not really matter to me. I understand your concerns and if I were you I would like to be 100% sure as well. But this thread is not leading anywhere. You have differing answers from mechanics and from forum members. How are you going to choose the correct one as everybody is sure he is right?

Look also here:

http://www.fordowner...ver-duratec-he/

Check post #5 and #6, compare photos and your engine.

It was not a concern to me as my car is a long way from needing a belt change, that’s if it has a belt, It was more a matter of interest and puzzlement that such a simple question to a group of garage mechanics at the local pub, and to forum members had so many different answers; this must apply to so many queries we get on the forum, and it’s always a good idea to sometimes get a second opinion, particularly on the forum.

Thanks for the link.

Have a good day.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club