Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Fitted The Aluminium Pedals

Affy

i have the genuine ford ones from china the rubbers come off theres no predrilled holes and these slip on in place of the rubbers and tabs are bent at the back simple had them for months and they look great post-8800-0-18769800-1336738244_thumb.jp

heres the link these are the same one ford supply these come in the ford box with the ford part number on it and they are a lot cheaper than ford http://www.ebay.co.u...=item336441f928

Hi just received my set from this eBay seller , got to admit they look a bit cheap to me, My box had no info to tell me they were Ford official pedals and on some of the pedals the rubber was falling away from the metal but this could be pushed back in.

Have to see how they look and feel when I fit them.

There is no way they are the genuine ford pedals though.

*Decided to not even bother fitting them , they feel so light and the metal looks very poorly finished , I think I could snap it in half if I tried :o ,oh well £15 down the drain! , think I will go down to my fords parts shop and get a set there.

im surprised mine came in the box with ford stamps ford part numbers and definately dont look cheap even the ford dealership thought i had bought them from there parts department when they did the service

Hi

They look different though , check out the link

http://www.fordparts...d_f_1534426.htm

As you can see the official set has a extra rubber feet at the bottom and they look slighlty different in shape also the side metal strips holding the rubber in place is not on the official set?

:P

Can't beat a good pair of Magnums.

Completely off topic... but i wasnt given magnums as they had run out... :( i got Mitres instead :( Clumpy, Heavy, Uncomfortable boots for driving in!!

All the other guys got Magnums an say they are a "Joy" (As much of a joy as any boot is) to drive in!!

checked my part number with ford when i got them i have the ford ones older style though they were replaced with the set now available with or without foot rest but they were ford products all i can say is send them back to the seller

these are what i recieved found another seller selling the same product http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Aluminium-Pedal-Pads-for-05-10-M-T-Ford-Focus-/320866758893?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab52630ed

Hi,this is my experience of the low cost aluminium pedal covers from china, I have just received these aluminium pedal covers from china, they looked a bit cheap to me, although there was a ford stamp on the box,it was only a stick on label,easily copied??, no ford stamp at all on the inside of the rubber,no finis code. went ahead and tried to fit the cover, metal kept peeling off the rubber but got the clutch pedal on eventually,looked okay-ish, fitted the brake cover, but the fold back tab on the top would not bend over to secure it to the cover- the actual pedal arm was in the way, it would not secure in place without the tab bent over so could not fit the brake cover,also the tab broke so cannot fit the set, waste of money!, but what can you expect if the ford set costs £60 odd quid and these cost £15,ok rant over- has anyone bought the actual ford aluminium covers? are they two pieces ie rubber pedal and cover stuck on with tabs like the china ones, or are they one piece and better quality, my car is a 08 focus titanium, will they fit this car ok

Hi

well looking at pics of the official new set from Fords it looks like they don't have the metal tabs on the sides.

I may get a set in the week.

all i can say is 5 minutes to fit and still look good months and months later not cheap thick aluminium metal tabs dont secure it the rubber goes over where the old rubber would have been obviously you got a bad set just send them back.

all i can say is 5 minutes to fit and still look good months and months later not cheap thick aluminium metal tabs dont secure it the rubber goes over where the old rubber would have been obviously you got a bad set just send them back.

cant really be bothered to pack them up and send them back to hong kong for the sake of £14.

• 1 month later...

Ordered a set of these just before heading off on hols last week...not sure how long delivery took but they were there when I got back and I fitted them in 5 mins yesterday...and I must say, I'm well pleased!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221072549307?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The little cardboard box had a 'genuine' Ford/Mazda logo on it, but I wouldn't exactly have total faith in it actually being genuine! It had part numbers as well, and the rubber covers also had the Ford logo stamped on them. They fitted on easier than the standard pedal rubbers and the metal covers popped over the top and are secured by bending the metal tabs over.

This is just my experience with them but they've made a massive difference for me as my clutch and brake covers were well worn and my accel pedal must have had a cover disastrously drilled on in a previous life as it had 4 holes in it in no pattern whatsoever!

Well worth the £14 in my book. Forgot to take pics of them before putting them on but they look exactly as pictured in the listing. I can get one of the 'genuine' packaging box, and will snap the finished article...as soon as I get the footwell hoovered out! :wacko:

Hi,this is my experience of the low cost aluminium pedal covers from china, I have just received these aluminium pedal covers from china, they looked a bit cheap to me, although there was a ford stamp on the box,it was only a stick on label,easily copied??, no ford stamp at all on the inside of the rubber,no finis code. went ahead and tried to fit the cover, metal kept peeling off the rubber but got the clutch pedal on eventually,looked okay-ish, fitted the brake cover, but the fold back tab on the top would not bend over to secure it to the cover- the actual pedal arm was in the way, it would not secure in place without the tab bent over so could not fit the brake cover,also the tab broke so cannot fit the set, waste of money!, but what can you expect if the ford set costs £60 odd quid and these cost £15,ok rant over- has anyone bought the actual ford aluminium covers? are they two pieces ie rubber pedal and cover stuck on with tabs like the china ones, or are they one piece and better quality, my car is a 08 focus titanium, will they fit this car ok

im with you here. sounds like we both got the same set. I have got mine on and secure although as in pic if you can see the brake tab is lifted. It doesnt hazzle me at the min but i can see eventually snipping it off.

post-26411-0-30473900-1343739168_thumb.j

Yeah, that was my worry also, but wondered about the genuine pedals fitted on the ST. See link below for an accel pedal from and 08 ST which doesn't have any rubber, just the two raised grooves in the metal. Still leaning towards this set to be honest.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item41624b5d43

Alright mate I have the ST style pedals and they look the business

334171_467894006562491_1802358648_o.jpg

You can buy them here from china, only took a week to come

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

There is a photo in the link of how to fit them but basically your clutch and break pedals are just rubber covers anyway so you simply pull your existing ones off and replace with these by fitting the same way, and the new accelerator pedal fits directly over your exiting one.

Really pleased with them to be fair

Mate you didn't fit them properly, I saw Ash88lfc's picture of the loose tab on the brake so when it come to fitting mine, all you do is fit it with the aluminum cover already on the rubber pedal with the tab folded down how it should be, fit the top first by putting the top lip over your pedal ensuring the tab is down then work the lip around the sides then the bottom if that makes sense.

But yeah if you put the rubber pedal on first then put the aluminum cover on the pedal arm will stop you getting the tab on, I managed it so anyone can :P

Mate you didn't fit them properly, I saw Ash88lfc's picture of the loose tab on the brake so when it come to fitting mine, all you do is fit it with the aluminum cover already on the rubber pedal with the tab folded down how it should be, fit the top first by putting the top lip over your pedal ensuring the tab is down then work the lip around the sides then the bottom if that makes sense.

But yeah if you put the rubber pedal on first then put the aluminum cover on the pedal arm will stop you getting the tab on, I managed it so anyone can :P

Hmm will go and take this off and try. ha thanks

It works mate just look at mine lol, take your pedal off, don't completely fit the aluminum cover to the rubber pedal before fitting, leave it loose but fold down the top tab and get the top lip of the pedal on first, this way the pedal arm won't stop the tab from tucking down. Once the tops on you can work the side lips around then the bottom lip, then you can fold down all the other tabs and fit the cover properly. The bottom lip can be a funny fit once all the other are on so you might wanna use a small slotted screwdriver but it's not necessary.

Result: pedals looking sexy with no minging tabs sticking out :P

Ordered a set of these just before heading off on hols last week...not sure how long delivery took but they were there when I got back and I fitted them in 5 mins yesterday...and I must say, I'm well pleased!

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

The little cardboard box had a 'genuine' Ford/Mazda logo on it, but I wouldn't exactly have total faith in it actually being genuine! It had part numbers as well, and the rubber covers also had the Ford logo stamped on them. They fitted on easier than the standard pedal rubbers and the metal covers popped over the top and are secured by bending the metal tabs over.

This is just my experience with them but they've made a massive difference for me as my clutch and brake covers were well worn and my accel pedal must have had a cover disastrously drilled on in a previous life as it had 4 holes in it in no pattern whatsoever!

Well worth the £14 in my book. Forgot to take pics of them before putting them on but they look exactly as pictured in the listing. I can get one of the 'genuine' packaging box, and will snap the finished article...as soon as I get the footwell hoovered out! :wacko:

Just noticed we got the same ones mate

Just noticed we got the same ones mate

Yep, and I'm as happy as you are with them!

The way I fitted the brake pedal was similar, but not quite the exact same... I still fitted the rubber cover first, then before fitting the metal part I folded the tab so it slid down between the pedal and arm. Just pulled the rest of the metal cover over the top of the rubber one and was able to fold the bottom tab then no sweat.

What I would say to Ash (even though his covers are different to mine and yours) is to take care removing them! As Mike mentioned, he broke one of the tabs, and I could see this happening after a few folds back and forth.

As I said, they make a massive difference to mine as my accel pedal looked like it had a fall out with a shot gun, but even over standard they're a nice upgrade. Fingers crossed they don't scratch up really badly in no time.

Yup that'll work too lol basically just gotta make the back tab is folding down first and can be slid between the pedal and the arm or it will look ugly.

What you done with your tea lol?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club