Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Starting Problem With S Max

Stuart2391

I have another starting problem with my 06 S max 1.8tdci Zetec which has been ongoing for 6 months and has recently got much worse making the car unusable. The engine turns over but will not fire into life. Initially it would start after several attempts or leaving the car and trying again later. But now it happens 2 or 3 times a week and the car refuses to start at all. It has spent 2 of the last 6 weeks in the garage. They have tried replacing glow plugs, and fuel filter. No error codes show but they have checked wiring and some electrics. Fuel pressure has been checked and is ok. It can now only be started by bump starting the car. It will then go for a day but by next day the problem is back again. Ford tecnical deapertment are not intersted in helping and the car is now just a piece of metal. I can't use it and can't sell it. NO one can find out the cause of the problem. Any ideas or help?

Many TDCi starting issues are due to the DMF in need of replacement...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club