Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Afternoon

Shanep5867

Howdy people, the names Shane I'm in Colchester, Essex.

Don't own a ford yet but abouts to do licence and looking at a Petrol 52 Plate Ford Fiesta 1.4 Ghia as a first car, got 8 years expierience on road bikes.

The cars got a few problems but hopeing can sort them here ; ) cheers.

Hello and welcome to the forum Shane,

what kinda bikes you had or have then?

whats the issues with the fiesta?

all the best

stef

2000 Derbi GPR50

1995 Cagiva Planet 125

2006 Kawasaki BN125

2000 Suzuki Marauder 125

1999 Kawasaki ZZR600

1995 Honda CBR 600

19?? Honda VFR 400

1991 Honda CBR 600

1999 Yamaha FZR 1000

198? Kawasaki Z650 with 750 motor

Recently sold the z650 and looking at another CBR

I been looking for the right section to post the problem.

It's that the revs sit higher than there ment to and when you turn the blower on the revs drop then hit the A/C button and the revs drop even lower

battery seems good but gunna check with multimeter when can get one from town.

I don't know why it's Idling so high neither.

Video of the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuZjON0q2no

you have had a good few bikes then lol

looking at getting myself a kawasaki ER6F shortly.

do you know why the engine management light is on? this could be related.

Nooooo, I was told what error code it baught up recently but cant remember what the code was, think I might have to get it done again but I don't think it was anything to do with it if I remember right.

I was thinking maybe something to do with a automatic idle adjuster or something?

Nooooo, I was told what error code it baught up recently but cant remember what the code was, think I might have to get it done again but I don't think it was anything to do with it if I remember right.

I was thinking maybe something to do with a automatic idle adjuster or something?

your quite right, it could be that the idle control valve is stuck open. you could remove it/clean it and check its functioning correctly.

Do you know if anyone has touched the throttle body? i had a similar issue after swapping a throttle body, the idle when warm and cold were both really high.

be interested to know what the fault code is.

Don't think anyone's ever touched the throttle body's.

This is my mums old car that she is the only ever owner of before people wonder why I have so much access to a car I don't own lol

I took the airbox off a few mins ago to clean the filter and started it up withought airbox on and the engine management light had gone off now and rather than dropping 250rpm when I switch A/C on its only dropping by 50RPM, does the air conditioning run off the airbox? I didn't think it did, or Is it just coincidence?

Seems to be lots of carbon buildup on the valve so gunna get some intake cleaner

f6fe7770.jpg

I was thinking it was a relatives or friends car, that explains though lol.

what is the condition of the air filter? you say the light has gone off with it removed looks like it has a lack of air flow but it doesnt explain the high revs.

some intake cleaner on the throttle body and ICV wont go a miss.

when you switch the aircon on, you are putting quite a load on the engine, especially at idle so thats why you get the drop in revs. the only thing i can think of for the 50rpm drop instead of 250 is that the engine is running better with an increased flow of air.

Air filter is pretty filthy to be hounest, I plan on changing it for a K&N panel filter if I buy the car.

4e8dcd1f.jpg

And what's this bottle for?

50ce4620.jpg

It seemed to have something growing in it :S

f2bf857f.jpg

Gunna get it out with some tweezers.

thats quite bad, a new paper element filter shouldn't cost to much, it will also level the playing field a bit for trying to diagnose the problem. it looks quite oily/sludgy too?

thats the brake fluid resevoir...that looks really bad tbh... whats all the black around the edge?

She has just spent ALOT of money haveing the brakes serviced so I'm quite !Removed! that a ford dealer didn't pick up on that in the brake fluid!!!

I dunno I've just wiped the black stuff off, it doesn't smell but it's oily and very thin like used engine oil, which led me to unscrew the oil filler cap to makesure that's tight and I noticed its loose and there's oil on the top of the head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwvHON6Bdt8&feature

I'm sure it shouldn't wobble like that? I'm guessing needs a new rubber seal thing?

yeah that is very poor if the dealer hasnt mentioned it...

that oil filler does look a bit dodgy, probably need a new cap as im not sure you can get the seals.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club