Sony Stereo Installed

iNath

Wow that sounds so much better!!

Before:

dscf1825g.jpg

After:

imag0428yt.jpgimag0430f.jpg

imag0436rg.jpg

Good evening, would it be rude to ask how much for the upgrade?

Good evening, would it be rude to ask how much for the upgrade?

Whatever you can win it for on eBay ;) Got this for around £120.

Out of interest, whats the thing in front of the screen?

Reverse parking sensor display - lines on either side get closer and number in centre gives distance from object in meters :)

Wow that sounds so much better!!

Before:

dscf1825g.jpg

After:

imag0428yt.jpgimag0430f.jpg

imag0436rg.jpg

It's going to be tricky spraying the Sony one white to match your interior

• 4 weeks later...

just joined up and saw your upgrade. awesome btw. do the steering wheel controls from the old one work it ok?

How easy was it to install? Are there different connectors, different software configs etc to worry about?

just joined up and saw your upgrade. awesome btw. do the steering wheel controls from the old one work it ok?

Steering wheel controls work fine

How easy was it to install? Are there different connectors, different software configs etc to worry about?

Easy peasy as long as you have the stereo with the connections shown on the right:

fiestastereos.jpg

hmm i checked availability for my VIN and result was not available.... only that from ford

Sorry I'm not sure of the question?

fiestadash.jpg

this one is in my car now, i asked my dealer ale we checked availability of sony radio for my VIN and etis said that sony is not compatible :( question is if is possible install sony anyway?

Same as my answer above - you need to take your stereo out and check the connections on the back. If it's like the stereo on the right hand side (single connection on the left) it is a straight swap :)

2 options you have is to either chop the current plugs off and solder the new plug taken from a parrot kit or make an adaptor from 2 kits. I have contacted a manufacture of the OE plugs in China but I'm still waiting for a reply.

• 4 weeks later...

dscf1825g.jpg

imag0430f.jpg

4 questions if you do not mind.

1) Are there any extra benefits (other then the visual change and the sound) of changing the stereo to Sony one? Are there any extra features that will be unlocked by changing the stereo?

2) What is that wire going to the back of the central rear view mirror? (reverse camera mirror?)

3A) Was it a lot of work to run the wire from the parking sensor unit into that display? (I was thinking to do something similar).

3B) Does the parking sensor display obstruct the view to the central display (you know on the bottom of the screen it usually gives you some options to choose)

4) What is that little dome right above the central display unit.? (looks like a snowdome)

Cheers

Rain

4 questions if you do not mind.

1) Are there any extra benefits (other then the visual change and the sound) of changing the stereo to Sony one? Are there any extra features that will be unlocked by changing the stereo? Well those are the benefits, looks and sound :P The menu structure/functions are otherwise identical

2) What is that wire going to the back of the central rear view mirror? (reverse camera mirror?) Video camera, records all my journeys (forwards facing) I have bought a rear view camera and a new mirror with built in screen but haven't fitted it as I don't use the Fiesta anymore :(

3A) Was it a lot of work to run the wire from the parking sensor unit into that display? (I was thinking to do something similar). Not really, my Dad did most of the installation (drilling bumper, wiring in etc) but I did help route some cables through the car and up to that display. Just a case of unclipping things, feeding wire through and putting back in to place.

3B) Does the parking sensor display obstruct the view to the central display (you know on the bottom of the screen it usually gives you some options to choose) No, from the height I sit at none of the screen is covered.

4) What is that little dome right above the central display unit.? (looks like a snowdome) Air freshener, the 'bug', new car smell ;)

Cheers

Rain

I don't mind ;) see above in red

Thanks for the quick answers. I wish i would have a dad like yours. What are you using (driving) now if I may ask?

BTW, I have watched all your videos on Youtube. Great stuff!!

Thanks for the quick answers. I wish i would have a dad like yours. What are you using (driving) now if I may ask?

BTW, I have watched all your videos on Youtube. Great stuff!!

Skoda Octavia Estate ;) company car lol.

Thank you kindly :)

Doesn't the Sony one have a blue led screen as opposed to orange?

You can use which ever screen you prefer. The standard screen goes better with my ambient lighting.

Hello Nathan

I am thinking of upgrading my stereo to the Sony one as well. I have the standard Ford stereo in a mk7 Zetec S. Hopefully the connections on the back are compatible.

Have you also upgraded the Speakers? I have heard that the Speakers on cars spec-d with the Sony DAB upgrade are also upgraded from standard Ford to Pioneer?

How much better is the sound with just the stereo unit upgraded?

Is it easy to replace the stereo without marking the plastics with tools etc?

Also are you keeping the rest of the dash silver or can the other silver plastics be replaced to look like the Metal interior?