Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Something For The Focus

Drich290195

Want to buy myself something for the car nothing too expensive just something that's either gonna look good or a toy for inside any suggestions

What's your budget?

Want to buy myself something for the car nothing too expensive just something that's either gonna look good or a toy for inside any suggestions

mk2.5 mirrors with the indicator built in,

Your idea of 'nothing too expensive' is key here really...we talkin under a tenner or under a ton?!

If your car is the same as in your avatar, colour code your black plastics (handles, bump strips etc). Might not give you the 'new toy' buzz, but looks really well.

Other little mods which aren't too dear but make a nice difference include...Alu pedal covers, heater dial knobs, upgrade smooth rear wiper, wing mirror indicators, any ST upgrades, get a bit of carbon wrap and go wild, LED lights, footwell lights, additional power socket...the list goes on really.

DVD headunit maybe? (Shameless plug of the one I have for sale in the Buy & Sell forum :D )

mk2.5 mirrors with the indicator built in,

Are they a straight swap Lenny? What about any wiring differences?

Are they a straight swap Lenny? What about any wiring differences?

yes the shape of the wing mirror base is the same and would be a straight swap since the mk2 and mk2.5 are the same body panels etc.

as for the indicator signal the mk2 may not have this in the wing mirror so you would need to run a feed from the side wing to the mirror but the feed may be their already due to the ghia models and mk2 st having the feed their for the indicators in the wing mirrors.

you could also retro fit the st indicators in to your existing units,

see guide: http://www.focusowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27907

Ah right, good to know. I have an early Mk2 (55 plate) and although a Titanium spec it didn't have the wing mirror indicators as it was such an early model.

When I was gathering up the parts I got a complete ST wing mirror (for £1.05 on eBay!) so was gonna do a straight swap, but the plugs were different, so I just put the indicator and cover on and ran the wiring from the wing side repeater.

Got all the parts I needed for about a tenner I think, maybe £15, and a bit of carbon wrap too as it's a lot cheaper than painting.

Less than £100 guys GeForce where do u manage to get ur parts that cheap whenever I check eBay their always a fortune

The Ghia I believe had them fitted from factory.

The mirrors have the indicator in and the side repeater hole is filled with a chrome plate with Ghia on it.

Just a bit of patience and keeping a keen eye mate...and a good bit of luck too I suppose.

The complete ST mirror I was really lucky with cos I missed it first time round but it ended with no bids on it as starting price was £15. I offered the seller a tenner (chancing my arm really) after the auction and he said no chance, so needless to say I was feeling pretty smug when I won it when it was relisted with the second bid of £1.04!

If I remember right there was actually a small crack on the black plastic housing, but I was only really after the indicator and cover anyway. Plus, the crack was minimal and fixed no probs with a bit of sealant, but maybe that was enough to put people off. I got the passenger side indicator and cover together for a tenner from someone who got spares through an insurance claim and didn't need them.

As I said, just lucky really and being online at the right time. Few metres of speaker wire was only a couple of quid and the same again for enough carbon wrap to account for a few bodged trial efforts! I already had a couple of silver 501s which I had in my other repeaters to lose the fried egg effect so all in all it was a really cheap, straightforward mod.

Unfortunately I broke a clip when fitting my passenger side cover after wrapping. Never thought much of it, until it made a break for freedon a few weeks ago but met it's match with the lorry behind me! Ordered a new aftermarket one from the link below and must say it is spot on. Driver's side from the same seller is a few pound cheaper. Have you tried contactin Ford for a price? Sometimes they can surprise you...for the good I mean!

You could get quite a few of those other bits and pieces for your £100 quid as well. I love my new alu pedal cover set. There's a whole thread about it with differing reviews but I can only recommend mine from my experience.

post-30295-0-66451500-1344267955_thumb.j

PS The grass and dirt are my own and were not supplied with the pedals.

The mirrors have the indicator in and the side repeater hole is filled with a chrome plate with Ghia on it.

That's right. Think some had Focus on them as well, then of course the ST has it's own wing badges. I've noticed on STOC a few of the owners doing away with the ST badge and carbon wrapping the Ghia badges as a more subtle replacement.

I wouldn't bother with ST body styling better to save up and find something different for side skirts and bumpers. You could pick up a st or just a sport spoiler but it's gonna need spraying unless u find one from a zetec s in your colour.

Facelift zetec s 17inch alloys can be found on eBay or register to the focus stoc and search through sale section for 18inch st alloys.

Simple mods get ya self some clear or smoke reverse and fog light, tail light tinting can be done for about 50quid at a body shop and that's doing it properly by keying the area and putting a splash of black paint in some lacquer then just spray.

(I've got rewired facelift tail lights tinted on my st)

Check Allen parts and find a sport handbrake cover and gear knob for the OE ford look, window blinds help for the tinted look which can also be found at ford parts

Xenon headlamp conversion either silver or black(if you can find them)

(I have both sets for my st so may have black headlamps for sale in October)

Exhaust system

CAIS

Not mine :(.

Not mine :(.

When in 06 is your car from? Don't think they came in til late 06 or maybe even 07. I'm sure though, from experience of Mondeos, there are plenty of outliers...earlier ones that do have them and later ones that don't!

Xenons are a nice upgrade, got a black set on the cheap cos they needed a tiny bit of rewiring. So have my adaptive projectors in the shed.

When in 06 is your car from? Don't think they came in til late 06 or maybe even 07. I'm sure though, from experience of Mondeos, there are plenty of outliers...earlier ones that do have them and later ones that don't!

Xenons are a nice upgrade, got a black set on the cheap cos they needed a tiny bit of rewiring. So have my adaptive projectors in the shed.

It's a January build, registered February... only just missed the 06 plate, so it's a 55.

Think you're probably right. Would be a nice thing to have though.

Yeah, that sounds about right. They are a nice upgrade indeed mate. Dead easy to do but getting the bits seems to be the hardest part!

Yeah, that sounds about right. They are a nice upgrade indeed mate. Dead easy to do but getting the bits seems to be the hardest part!

Ive just had a quick look at micro-cat

and the parts required are listed with finis numbers and pricing, so ill list them on here around 8pm for anyone interested.

thats the cowels, lens and bulb holder.

the cowels come already colour coded from ford too, different finis number for each cowel cover in specific colour.

That would be handy for those interested. I remember seeing someone selling a full kit on eBay for about £45 but that was with the covers in primer. They said they bought the parts from Ford to do the mod for about £60 if I remember right but no longer needed them. I think parts prices can fluctuate though so will be interesting to see how much they all cost.

That would be handy for those interested. I remember seeing someone selling a full kit on ebay for about £45 but that was with the covers in primer. They said they bought the parts from Ford to do the mod for about £60 if I remember right but no longer needed them. I think parts prices can fluctuate though so will be interesting to see how much they all cost.

ok,

the prices i have quoted are from 2011 and may be cheaper now that the mk3 focus has been released.

the wing mirror covers are also available from ford colour coded at £50.79 each

however they can be purchased in primed finish for £18.58 each.

so here is the part numbers detail and pricing from 2011.

222.png

LH primed wing mirror cover with space for indicator

Finis:1404898

Price: £22.62

RH primed wing mirror cover with space for indicator

Finis:1404897

Price: £18.58

i know, the RH cover is cheaper than the left one lol, drivers side cover must not be a big seller compared to the passenger side cover lol.

Wing Mirror indicator bulb socket

Finis:1425494

Price: £18.95 each

LH Wing Mirror Indicator lens

Finis:???????

Price: £

RH wing Mirror Indicator lens.

Finis:???????

Price: £

unfortunity i cannot find the part numbers or pricing for the actual indicator lens thenselves.

finally for those who would like to remove the side wing indicator unit after fitting the indicators to the wing mirrors,

their is a chrime focus badge that will fit the space in the side wings and cost £12.27 each Finis 1417274

Focusbadgesideindicatorrepeater.png

Most helpful as always Lenny.

That's quite the difference between primed and colour coded...a lot more than the cost of a sheet of carbon fibre vinyl anyway! Even in aftermarket copies, the passenger side is a few quid dearer...must be more common for drivers to clip their passenger side mirror rather than the drivers side.

Just on the indicator units, I was under the impression that the socket and lens came as the one part no? Would that explain why you can't find the second part number?

Most helpful as always Lenny.

Just on the indicator units, I was under the impression that the socket and lens came as the one part no? Would that explain why you can't find the second part number?

thanks mate,

and yes i was initally assuming the same as yourself regarding the socket and lens,

but their is no second finis number listed for the opposite side as i assume their is a different shape to each lens.

im very surprised the part is not listed, and i have searched under the convertable model to ensure the part numbers for the wing mirror covers are correct because the convertable model is only available with the indicators in the wing mirrors.

+1 Stoney,

may be cheaper to buy them for £100 then resale value of the existing pair may be £50 - £60

so the end cost would be cheaper or the same as buying the individual parts from ford.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club