Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Downloading Only Selected Phonebook Entries

JamesEncliffe

Hi everyone :) Just taken delivery of a new Fiesta 1.4 Titanium with the Sony audio, replacing a Mk3 Fiesta which has finally succumbed to the inevitable corrosion.

Had a great time getting the bluetooth to pair with my HTC Desire! But got there in the end by moving quickly and rescanning/entering the offered PIN before it vanished from the car display :)

However... it has downloaded my ENTIRE phonebook to the car - over 200 entries, many of which are Facebook/Twitter contacts or people I would not want to call from the car. Needless to say this is causing problems with the voicedialling, since it often mixes up people with similar names.

Viewsing the car phonebook, I now see very many entries that are not wanted or appear indistinguishable from each other because of the nature of the entry - some are contacts that don't even have phone numbers stored against them. Effectively, the system is useless.

How do I [a] delete all this stuff and then download only selected contacts (by pushing them from the phone individually) as I did simply and easily with my previous Parrot handsfree kit?

Unless this can be done, the Sony system is worthless to me, and I may as well go back to the excellent Parrot.

TIA James :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club