Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Tight Spot

bt_cav

Hi All,

I have noticed a 'tight spot' in the steering. Its only there when driving off for the first 5 mins from cold, and it Only when moving a few degrees off straight ahead so I'd say that rules out the Knuckle joint on the shaft (not sure of the correct name?)

The pas fluid looked black and dirty so I have decided to try and change it, however this seems like a messy job and can open up a can of worms....air locls....bleeding.....disturbing pipes...etc...so I used a vaccume fluid extractor to remove around 300ml then refill with new fluid ran the engine and turned the steering from lock to lock a few times holding it on full lock both ways for a few seconds, the oil looked black again so I done the same again but probly only removed 200ml this time and refilled. The oil still looks black but not so bad. I am intending on doing the same again to use up the 500ml of fresh pas fluid I have left.

I dont think this will solve the problem but its still worth doing, I should have done it a long time ago as a matter of course....

I found this on you tube but looks a lot more severe

has anyone else had this?

the pipes themselves make the oil black so no matter how many times you remove and add fluid it will just turn black again usually the tight spot as in the video means a new steering rack

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club