Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

JasonLeake

Hello everyone

Posted on here ref my central locking as it wasn't working but now replaced the battery and re sync via the guides on here bingo it worked.

The issue I have now is before as the remote wasn't working I had to use the key to unlock and lock the car but now for some reason when I'm driving the central locking has a fit and starts locking/unlocking the car which is odd as before the battery went and before I re sync it everything was working ok.Any idea what the problem could be ? Got a ford focus 1.8 zetec 2001

Sounds like it could be a problem with your remote, maybe triggering due to the motion of the car. If you have the other, non-remote, key that was originally supplied you could try using that for starting the car and pop the remote in your pocket to see if that makes any difference.

First thing we did when we bought our Focus was to get a second remote key so me and SWMBO could have one each. As long as you have both the original keys it's a simple matter to program in another key. That way if there's a suspicion of a problem there's always a spare to try.

It hasn't solved the issue,the big thing is sometimes you could leave the keys in the ignition while partner waits in the car and the car will lock its self,only seems to be when the ignition is on

youre other posts suggest you have electrical issues fan running with engine on doors auto locking etc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club