Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worth It Or Not?

Elcampo

How difficult is it to make the normal key start, and change it to keyless entry and power button start?

Couple of things I'm looking to do at the minute, but double checking everything so I know which to do first and what not to do etc.

It's not exactly the same, but for the push-button start you can buy seperate buttons, so you insert the key into the ignition barrel, turn the electrics on only, but instead of then turning the key to start the engine you push the button. Absolutely no point to it other than the "racing driver" feel. You can buy the buttons for £15 or so at Halfords, probably a lot cheaper online but I haven't looked.

Sorry, no idea on the other stuff, but just beware of the increased risk of having keyless entry/start - they're quite easy to steal.

Keyless start is something you don't want. It is becoming more and more common keyless start cars being stolen because you can just force the door and start the car using the ford ids computer in to make the car think the key is in the car

Right so, no go in that case haha. Thanks for the update lads, definitelly wont be looking into that again anytime soon.

Keyless start is something you don't want. It is becoming more and more common keyless start cars being stolen because you can just force the door and start the car using the ford ids computer in to make the car think the key is in the car

Tell me about it just had mine stolen, would not have a key less start again. I think all the main dealers know about the problem but that wont stop them selling cars with it on.

Tell me about it just had mine stolen, would not have a key less start again. I think all the main dealers know about the problem but that wont stop them selling cars with it on.

Adds about 400 or so onto the price of a new car....sure why would they care :ph34r:

Put off the idea now anyway, I shall keep the original method

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club