Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New To Ford

pinkbike

Hi all,

I bought my first ever Ford last week, a 2011 Mk2 Ford Focus. I managed to get some online manuals for the sat nav and user manuals, but I have some newbie questions on the built in Sat Nav I'm hoping another Focus owner will know the answers to.

1) iPhone + bluetooth, lots of posts around this, but is the sat nav meant to show track and album name ? (tried iPhone 4 / 4s on ios 5/6/6.0.1 with/without music match, have latest bluetooth update installed too)

2) iPhone + bluetooth, I read some people see the battery level of their phone, but i'm not sure if this is true ?

3) iphone + Bluetooth, how can I make siri work without touching my iphone (is there a way to do the 'long press' of the iphone button)

4) sat nav, where do people buy update maps from in the UK ?

5) sat nav, how do you add favourites

Thanks in advance !

Hi all,

I bought my first ever Ford last week, a 2011 Mk2 Ford Focus. I managed to get some online manuals for the sat nav and user manuals, but I have some newbie questions on the built in Sat Nav I'm hoping another Focus owner will know the answers to.

1) Iphone + Bluetooth, lots of posts around this, but is the sat nav meant to show track and album name ? (tried iphone 4 / 4s on ios 5/6/6.0.1 with/without music match, have latest bluetooth update installed too)

2) iphone + Bluetooth, I read some people see the battery level of their phone, but i'm not sure if this is true ?

3) iphone + Bluetooth, how can I make siri work without touching my iphone (is there a way to do the 'long press' of the iphone button)

4) sat nav, where do people buy update maps from in the UK ?

5) sat nav, how do you add favourites

Thanks in advance !

Very welcome to the forum,

When you get a momment join photobucket and upload some images of your motor,

You can then edit and link them to the forum,

Also Check out DMB Graphics for some Gel overlays to change the colour of your ford badges.

Preee is a fellow member who used to own a mk2.5 focus with the satnav stereo the same as yours.

I think he has the user manual on PDF too.

Also if interested in modifications, please see links to my guides in the list below my post and also among others in the guides section of the forum.

Hi and Welcome to FOC

go here:

http://www.ford-mobi...ownloadsUpdates

Download and follow instructions , you will need a clear memory stick , this will update your system and bluetooth , the latest updates helps with the Ipoo connections and track info :). This should then allow battery and track info and also improves connectability.

No idea about Siri i use Vlingo if i want to control other functions on my phone besides Calling / messaging Etc.

No map updates available unless you buy a new card , which are not cheap. You should have 2010 Europe andTurkey.

If you take a look at my Sig below you will see a Dedicated link to download the user manual for the Satnav FX.

If your talking about Favorates regarding places then as you set it for a certain place , the next time you look for a place it remembers and lists them in order you used them you can also add a HOME or specific place. I would not use a Home location as many people that have left car keys/house keys in the the car with Satnav , thief jumps in steals keys presses home and hey presto they rob your house too .

regards

Paul

Hi Phree

Thanks for the note, I have already done that update last week, if I try to update it says update not required. Do you get track and battery info on yours ? I have read there is a service pack update too, sp4, but I need to get my radio code from ford first as after update you need to enter it. I'm not sure what version of radio software i'm on but will try applying sp4.

Good idea about the home button, I will change this to be another house close to my home instead ! I figured out the favourites thing thanks to that manual, I saved the location as a waymark, when i renamed the waymark it disappeared but then showed up in my stored destinations list which was strange logic, but works for me !

I do have the 2010 maps, but local roads are missing as they are too new for that update. I found a site selling the updates, but they are expensive http://www.navigatie-webshop.nl/webshop/software/ford/detail/146/fx-europa-2012-sd.html. I see some on eBay for far less, but don't know if they will work with my unit. the 2011 cards a yellow and some are v2 and some not. any ideas on that ?

Also TMC doesn't appear to work in ireland on this unit, maybe sp4 will fix this, but possibly not. only garmins work for TMC in ireland , something to do with licensing.

I have ordered the programming cable from eBay and intend to change some of the settings for caller id etc. I notice you have to hold the window button constantly, there is no option to make the window close on a single press etc. I hope this is something programmable.

I'll have to wait for good weather to take a picture of my car, but this is the dealer picture of it

861639-m6921472.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got an new iPhone 4s, same issue. tried an android phone and a nokia n92, they were worse, didn't even show the time of the track , which the ipod does.

Next is to try sp4, but I need to take the radio out, so I can get the code first.

I got my cable, changed a few settings, Eco Mode tells me i'm an ok driver, full 5 petals on anticipation and gear change, only 4/5 for speed. it also told me 52% of journeys had a cold engine ?! I'll rewire the cable so I can do the auto-lock next.

I got an new iphone 4s, same issue. tried an android phone and a nokia n92, they were worse, didn't even show the time of the track , which the ipod does.

Next is to try sp4, but I need to take the radio out, so I can get the code first.

I got my cable, changed a few settings, Eco Mode tells me i'm an ok driver, full 5 petals on anticipation and gear change, only 4/5 for speed. it also told me 52% of journeys had a cold engine ?! I'll rewire the cable so I can do the auto-lock next.

i still have not got around to updating the Sony in my car , it may not need updating though. track info is not a problem for me as i use a memory stick.

52% just means that the percentage you have started the car from cold , i never managed to gain any petals for gear change lol , no way could i stick below 2000 rpm lol

Regarding Siri , there is an App i use called Vlingo it is also free for iPhone , it has a voice wake up feature and you can call , text , ask questions , navigate etc , but unlike Siri it has the voice wake up call with out having to press any buttons.

I'm not sure about the 2011 yelllow card as i never up graded to it.

I can confirm that my Samsung G3 does display track information on my Mk 3 Focus with Sony

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club