Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Curious

Stoney871

I've just topped up my wash fluid and out of the corner of my eye something caught my attention.

It's strange that I've never noticed before but it appears I have a front strut brace fitted.

Can any other Mk2 Focus owner confirm to me whether these are fitted to their cars too, whether it's standard or if I've just been a lucky so and so by randomly picking a car fitted with something I've been contemplating for a while?

Hey all focus mk2 and mk2.5 have this but it ain't full strut brace it holds the shocks in place then connects to the car half way along only the st have full continus brace from one side to the other.

yep all have it and it is a strut brace and stiffens the front end up by 10 percent its just not a full length strut brace but is bolted to the bulkhead then to the strut top mounts to reduce front flex

I just couldn't believe I've never noticed the brace before though.

It may not be a full width unit but still nice that one was fitted as standard.

On most cars they are only an aftermarket option.

Makes me wonder if Ford only fitted them because they found the cars are too floppy without them.

It was i criticism of the mk1 that it could do with more of a stiffening of the chassis with the extra weight and body difference of the mk2 it was a must that they stiffened up the front end

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club