Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluefin Superchip

JohnnyZetec

Hey I've modded my zetec s mk7 and was looking at the bluefin remap

Just want to know if its really worth the money and makes a big difference?

Or it's a waste of time?

On a diesel engine a Bluefin remap will make a fair bit of difference.

On my Mk2 tdci I gained an average of 30+ hp.

The turbo lag has pretty much been totally removed and fuel economy has improved a little bit too.

I'm very glad I did mine and would recommend it to anyone with a diesel.

For the similar price to a bluefin/superchips you could get a custom map... you'll get better results from that than an off the shelf map...

However its personal preference! a lot of people like superchips as its a known brand

Custom remap would give better results rs tuning in Leeds seems to be a popular one they give you before and after results and you car is remapped on a rolling road(or so I'm told) the other is Celtic tuning not sure where that one is

^^^as above.. had many dealings with Paul at RS, he is well worth the drive and knows his diesels well! On the forum i moderate on we do a yearly RS Tuning rolling road meet in feb! your all welcome to join!

^^^as above.. had many dealings with Paul at RS, he is well worth the drive and knows his diesels well! On the forum i moderate on we do a yearly RS Tuning rolling road meet in feb! your all welcome to join!

I might take you up on that offer as I want mine remapping after Christmas

The Bluefin has the advantage that the map can be removed (for servicing or winter weather etc) the handset also acts as a stand alone code reader, and, if you change your car in the 1st year, Superchips may transfer it free of charge, i know of Customers that have had problems with their Bluefin, who have been given a total refund (so the aftersales service is better than most) Superchips is the longest running, most established remapping/ tuning company in the UK, the maps are "generic" but you can obtain other maps from SC if the 1st is unsuitable - Most so-called "custom" maps are generic anyway - you would not believe how basic most of them really are

A remap from a top tuner with rolling road/ + before/ after road test etc would probably offer more power than a "conservative" Blufin map, with the tuner often being able to offer a range of power/ economy compromises, even then its often different "generic" maps being tried

Had this email come through from Superchips which may be of use to some

Number one in engine management tuning for over thirty years!

Seasonal Sale: 20% Discount on bluefin and Superchips remaps until 31 January 2013.

Free rolling road power and torque curves* with all bookings made at Superchips HQ before Friday 21 December (please mention this offer when booking).

Tel. 01280 816781

They don't do a bluefin for mine... :( something about the ECU being protected :(

BOO FORD!

Superchips do a DPF map, promising 26bhp and 48nm of torque on top of the original 93bhp and 200nm of torque which is a little on the lean side if I'm honest. There is no Bluefin for the DPF version.

Celtic tuning will come to you and set your car up giving 27bhp and 47lbs of torque extra, though they can tweak it for you quite effectively, and they also have an economy map too. They also offer DPF removal.

Mountune only do a non DPF map, and honestly it's garbage. You only get 10PS (which is like what, 7.5bhp?) but you do get 70nm of torque from somewhere. Saying that, +22nm extra of torque =/= 20bhp.

So if you have a dpf version go to either Celtic tuning or rs tuning and get a proper job done

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club