Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo`s

nutlang1

Hi all Fiesta`s maniac`s :D

I recently bought a Mk 6 Fiesta with about 189k on the clock. Full service history and all.

I`m hearing horror stories of turbo`s blowing due to faulty injectors ?? Number 3 usally the problem ???

My question now is how do i prevent this. What can I do to minimise this risk off this happening ???

Any advice would be highly appreciated unsure.png

Thanks

Nutlang.

Never known a turbo to blow because of an injector. The turbo fails due to short distances and irregular oil changes.

The sludge build-up blocks the turbo oil feed pipe.

The car has done quite a lot of miles to, everything has a shelf life, more than likely if it does break it's because it's had x amount of miles run through it

As above, if you buy a car thats been to the moon and back you should expect things to fail regardless of a full service history.

Agreed - regular oil changes protects the engine/ turbo, - i notice that the recommended oil changes can "stretch" from 5k, to 6k and finally 10K - Fords recommended intervals - (though the last one is for fully synthetic oil)

So regular oil changes and quality oil - the other thing that helps the turbo is letting it spin down after a hard run/ letting it tickover for a minite (thats what turbo timers are for on turbo JDM cars)

The OP may have a point - exessive smoke/ carbon build up can clog/ coke up the variable vane mech/ turbine which can have a knock-on effect on the actuator etc, - This smoke/ carbon can be caused by faulty injectors, faulty EGR valve or other things (eg bad maps/ tuning boxes turned up too much/ fault elsewhere on the engine)

You can "fix" the EGR valve by blanking it (euro3/ 4) (im "pro" blanking plates )

Managed to track down the previous owner and he told me that the turbo was replaced at about 150k.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Regular oil change it will be then.

Nutlang