Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sudden Condensation Inside All Windows

fosjoh3

I have a Ford Focus 2006 hatchback and since last Tueday ihas developed bad condensation on the windows. I have checked the cioolant level and its fine. The heater is blowing at the correct temperatures. The aircon appears to be working although it doesnt clear the windscreen as well as it used to. One other thing, I popped in to Tesco and when i came out ten minutes later the inside of the car was all steamed up. Any suggestions?

All the damp weather , probably your carpts are damp ,and with thcold and the heaters on it causes it , mine is the same , try and use the aircon with the heater and re-circulate setting

It does seem a bit odd that I hadn't experienced the problem before now and suddenly I'm getting alot of condensation.

Wet filter, wet clothes and footwear, damp air every time you open a door.

It's a cumulative thing, forget about fuel consumption and run your aircon more, open your windows a bit and let the damp air out.

A wet car plus a bit of sun will condense the water onto the windscreen.

I use climair which means I can leave my windows down a crack when parked which helps to let the interior breathe a bit.

Waterproof seat covers and rubber rather than material mats will help a fair bit.

You can get de-humidifiers (the cheaper disposeable cartons filled with silica gel, or more expensive ones you can plug in and use again ) normally used to dry out caravans or combatting condensation in houses, i have the same problem, and have considered getting a de-humidifier

Also check for rain water getting in seals etc

All the damp weather , probably your carpts are damp ,and with thcold and the heaters on it causes it , mine is the same , try and use the aircon with the heater and re-circulate setting

No wonder it's steaming up then! It's best in this weather that you use air from outside instead of re-circulate. Re-circulate is only best used when either there's lots of smoke outside or it's smelly outside. It will steam up still if you're re-using damp air from inside the cabin.

wont matter what setting you use it will clear the windows but when you get out the moist air you let in mixed with warm air hitting the cold glass which is wet outside will caus e it to mist up again nature im afraid the colder it is the more likely and if youre doing a short trip it doesnt really get a chance to dry out

Mine is a bugger for it, but I've done a lot of short journeys in it, would be the same in any car.

No wonder it's steaming up then! It's best in this weather that you use air from outside instead of re-circulate. Re-circulate is only best used when either there's lots of smoke outside or it's smelly outside. It will steam up still if you're re-using damp air from inside the cabin.

Re-circulate with Aircon is the quickest way to remove and dry out inside of car.

but like everyone says , this time of year and wet weather it will easily come back