Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo Drop To Zero, Engine Man Light, Battery Light And Fuel Light Came On... Help!!

MrsEaton23

artscot...sorry bud but that is rubbish

ford mechanics/dealers are no better or worse than any other...including charging for unecessary work, in fact my experience shows dealers are the worse for charging what hasnt even been done.

your all slating a mechanic from over the www, and even the info about the damaged crank sensor wont change your mind...

trust me, diagnostics isnt an exact science, i have had plenty of experience of symptoms that absolutley scream at a certain part being at fault, only to find out by proper diagnosing that fault lies elsewhere. this is why i try and encourage testing first, ahead of just renewing throughout my involvement on this site.

from an early post, if info was correct, i noticed the point about the radio cutting out, speed sensor wont do this, it can change the volume but it wont cut it off, thats why i earlier suggested its a power supply problem, a collapsed crank sensor can affect speedo and rev counter, have seen it happen myself, it can also cause a power failure.

it may very well turn out to be a combination of problems in the end, perhaps a failing vss thats now been overshadowed by the crank problem...either way, its not fair to slate a mechainic purely on the evidence supplied, and complete rubbish to suggest ford mechanics will know and deal with it better than anyone....they have good mechanics dotted about, as does a hell of a lot of so called back street garages and sole traders...

rant over...apologies, just gets my goat when its suggested dealer mechanics know far more than non dealer

and breathe :D

• 1 year later...

Jeppers Jessica I know this is a bit late as its been over a year and I had read your first post and was sure you had some type of lectrical short

as I had read some that had similar probs to you but got rid of them by a cable tie

he described how the heat sensor wire to the motor can arch on the motor and cause shorts through the system

and when he tie this wire up to some over head harness or cable with a cable tie it stopped the arching.

but now Im reading theres a whole lota other things happening I have never heard of before like crank walking and smashing crank sensors

really sorry to hear your problems I had seen a Focus around here that was going cheap that has some problems with speedo

so that's where this start me looking up on the net to see what the problem could be.

But these Focus's seem not to be like the old ford and mazda that basically just kept on keeping on

I know we think we have advance with electronic controlled cars but when they go wrong it seems they really go wrong

hope you got it sorted please let us know what happened.

re read again

and still think its electrical short or component that's caused this from start to now and it has got persistently worse

to the point of total lock up of the drive train causing the mech to almost skid into another lane.

Im sure you would of explained how the car stopped and bump started but brakes and steering were still out

that indicates the car not being safe to drive till the problem is fixed and oil, spark plugs and a new air filter were never going to do the trick or even come close to what was causing a major black out of primary systems needed for safe driving being steering and braking.

grrrr

• 8 years later...

Hi Guys,

Here was my issues ....Cog with ! on rev counter lights up power drops....goes off when restarted...comes back on.etc...speedo and rev ponters bounce down and up...then ..on plugging in brings up Canbus codes 0002 0003...won't clear....then after that the engine management light came on with Cog.It was the battery all along..tested at 28% only...new one...no issues now for £60 and 30 mins ...seems focuses go a bit odd with a low battery it seems...thanks for the posts above as it helped me out and kept the investigation costs down..👍👌🤣.Thanks to all....Keeping it Ford till I die...Fraser.

Edited by Fraser Cameron
Mispell

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club