Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Additive

Focus_IRE

Hello Lads,

There may be another thread on the forums about this but cannot seem to find it. The "Engine System Fault" reading and red light are on the dash. I got it plugged in a few weeks ago and the mechanic told me that the additive in the DPF resivuoir needs to be filled. I have been told that alot of the Irish cars do not have this, but mine was improted from the UK and does have it. I have been onto a local dealer here and they have quoted me €405 to get the whole lot done. I think this is a bit steep for what is need. Has anyone on here tried doing it of have known anyone that would have done it that might have info on it. I priced the stuff from local Volvo and Peugeot garages and is cheaper than the Ford dealers which is crazy.

Hello Lads,

There may be another thread on the forums about this but cannot seem to find it. The "Engine System Fault" reading and red light are on the dash. I got it plugged in a few weeks ago and the mechanic told me that the additive in the DPF resovoir needs to be filled. I have been told that alot of the Irish cars do not have this, but mine was imported from the UK and does have it. I have been onto a local dealer here and they have quoted me €405 to get the whole lot done. I think this is a bit steep for what is needed. Has anyone on here tried doing it or know anyone that would have done it that might have info on it. I priced the stuff from local Volvo and Peugeot garages and is cheaper than the Ford dealers which is crazy.

Remember the 1.6 is the PSA engine so is a Pug-eot/ Citroen engine

If it is going to cost that much, i would personally have the DPF phisically removed, electronically deleted and the engine remapped all at the same time/ in the same place

This would make the car faster, more economical, more desirable/ valuable to you/ the next buyer, save you money and of course, make it a lot more reliable (with no DPF to ff-oul up)

Agreed, definately consider removal as its a fraction of the price of renewal. Over here, a removal and remap can be done from about £150 - £350 depending on the remap being more power, or just DPF removal... I suspect you should be able to get the same over there.

love to know where i can get done for £150-£350 for removal and just standard map in uk..

IIRC it was Remap Science had a short burst deal on for it.

I've just paid £100 to have my additive topped up.

thats a not bad price for the additive, dont suppose that was a dealer?

not bad, keep an eye on them when the DPF needs replacing, they might give you a good deal!

yeah i shall be calling them in rochdale in morning for a price on my refill then :p only 30mins down the road.cheers

yeah i shall be calling them in rochdale in morning for a price on my refill then :P only 30mins down the road.cheers

hah - that's handy! Yeah, they quoted me £100 last year too, so seems to be pretty stable. OMC seem really trustworthy from my experiences, been there a couple of times now and know a couple of guys go there too.

• 5 weeks later...

Can you give me the number for them? I need my additive filling and my local ford dealer has quoted £198 Did your price include regeneration?

Just paid EUR 122.39 (22 labour, 100.39 for 0.35 liter fluid) plus tax as part of my regular service. Apparently the fluid is needed every 60,000 km but the dealer has no way to measure the remaining amount. That makes this stuff EUR 286.82 per liter!!!!!!! Yes, at a Ford dealer.

I recently got mine filled as it was completely emtpy! I only paid €160 which included the full kit of 1.5ltrs of additive and was fitted in less that an hour in a Ford Dealer :blink:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

well ended up having DPF system removed with egr switched off and a remap to boot :p

no more DPF issues for me, hopefully turbo whould be more reliable too

• Like 1

what do you think so far? was it worth biting this bullet? does the car feel like a new machine already?

I've just paid £100 to have my additive topped up.

You could have put that towards a DPF delete - so no more additives, DPF cleaning, resetting the ECU or DPF replacement etc required after that + better MPG - saving a lot in the long run

yep feels like a new car!! remapped to 139bhp- sounds better and lot of lowend and midrange power :p

• Like 1

yep feels like a new car!! remapped to 139bhp- sounds better and lot of lowend and midrange power :P

Exellent! - did they give you dyno printouts?

to have the prinouts was an extra £50 -sack that!! not intrested- but the rolling road is all there :p

Hello Lads,

There may be another thread on the forums about this but cannot seem to find it. The "Engine System Fault" reading and red light are on the dash. I got it plugged in a few weeks ago and the mechanic told me that the additive in the DPF resivuoir needs to be filled. I have been told that alot of the Irish cars do not have this, but mine was improted from the UK and does have it. I have been onto a local dealer here and they have quoted me 405 to get the whole lot done. I think this is a bit steep for what is need. Has anyone on here tried doing it of have known anyone that would have done it that might have info on it. I priced the stuff from local Volvo and Peugeot garages and is cheaper than the Ford dealers which is crazy.

395 euro Mfk will remove the internals so you never need to top up again mate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club