Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Few Questions Regarding Interior Accessories/modifications

StewieEatWorld

Hi all,

Recently got my first ever car, a lovely white Fiesta Edge! I'm pretty sure its a 2011 model. Ive seen a few accessories online (illuminated gear nob, metallic pedals, scuff plates etc etc). Just wondering if these are "one size fits all" or are more specific to your certain car model?

Also, how hard are these to fit for a complete newbie like myself?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Like 1

Its one size fits all for that year / model of car. So if you own the edge, or the titanium X then it should fit, the only thing i that not all cars might have the same wiring, so not sure about the illuminated gear knob.

Otherwise though, things like scuff plates and other non electrical gadgets are almost guaranteed to fit, as long as the year and model is right, but again, Edge or Titanium doesnt really matter.

• Like 2

Hi all,

Recently got my first ever car, a lovely white Fiesta Edge! I'm pretty sure its a 2011 model. Ive seen a few accessories online (illuminated gear nob, metallic pedals, scuff plates etc etc). Just wondering if these are "one size fits all" or are more specific to your certain car model?

Also, how hard are these to fit for a complete newbie like myself?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Welcome to the forum,

And say goodbye to your bank balance fella; everything fits including full ZetecS body kit, 17" alloys etc.

I've done a few guides which you can view by clicking on the links below this post all my guides are done on a 2010 focus but all ford range are the same in regards to foot well lighting, boot lighting, ambient lighting, pedal covers, illuminated gear knobs etc.

One thing I would advise for fitting the illuminated gear knob is fitting a switch to turn it off when approaching a cop stop because they don't like auxiliary lighting.

Ideally your extra lighting would switch on along with your driving/parking lights,

Then fit a switch to the loom so as you can have your extra lighting off but still keep driving lights on.

So all appears to be stock until you flick the switch,

Best advise purchase a Haynes manual for your motor,

And check out www.sandicliffeshop.co.uk for genuine ford parts and lower than ford prices

• Like 1

Fantastic replies folks. Good to hear that the stuff is pretty universal, albeit pricey...

I'll have a read of some manuals and such and if there are any results, i'll no doubt update this thread with some pictures.

Many thanks guys. :)

• Like 1

Right then;

I've treated myself to some basic stuff so far. Ordered a set of 4 mats, the "aluminium sports" pedals and a carbon-white gel badge for the steering wheel!

Pretty excited!

I'll chuck some pictures up when they arrive/are installed :)

Also, I see that there's an actually modification section/fiesta section in the forum, I have no problem with a mod moving this thread to where it probably should be or where it would be better suited :)

• Like 2

Got another question, but about insurance this time.

When does it become viable that I phone up my insurance company (Hastings Direct) and tell them what I would like to/have done to the vehicle?

Im talking about things like scuff plates, changing the gear knob, putting pedal caps on, fitting some mats and that kinda thing. I know if I got a spoiler or bumper or whatever, i'd need to let them know. But where exactly is the line between some common sense in wanting to keep your car clean and tidy, and classing them as "modifications" that invalidate your insurance...?

• Like 1

as soon as you make any change you need to tell them, as if they come out and find that you have done something small that is appropriate, it could write off your insurance!

call them up and say you have X Y and Z as plans for the car, and ask for a quote for all of them! re affirm you havent done it yet, however if the price is right, tell them you want to take that quote if you take it now (before you do the mod's) it saves you having to pay admin charges after each mod...

• Like 2

as soon as you make any change you need to tell them, as if they come out and find that you have done something small that is appropriate, it could write off your insurance!

call them up and say you have X Y and Z as plans for the car, and ask for a quote for all of them! re affirm you havent done it yet, however if the price is right, tell them you want to take that quote if you take it now (before you do the mod's) it saves you having to pay admin charges after each mod...

So, say I call them up asking how much it'll cost me. Does that mean i'll have to cancel my current insurance and start a whole new policy in order to get extra's on my insurance? Thus costing me more than I would ideally like! Haha.

• Like 1

So, say I call them up asking how much it'll cost me. Does that mean i'll have to cancel my current insurance and start a whole new policy in order to get extra's on my insurance? Thus costing me more than I would ideally like! Haha.

I've recently declared all my mods since my focus was a style spec to begin with,

I had a lot to declare,

But my police increased by 524.00 euro mainly because my policy is fully comp, they said in the event of accident they cover the mods too, that's why the police increased but only engine mods increase your insurance if 3rd party etc.

No need to cancel the policy, they just update the notes, charge you an admin fee (most the time) and then charge you an additional cost for your modifications. Policy remains valid until the date on the certificate if nothing else changes in the meantime.

Interesting replies folks.

I should probably give 'em a call and let them know on what I "plan" to do then.

The mats, pedals and wee steering wheel gel sticker all arrived. I'll chuck some photo's up here of them out the packaging (not installed) when I can muster some spare time!

EDIT: Also, im insured with Hastings Direct (purely because they were the cheapest via one of those insurance comparison websites) and in their "Acceptance Criteria" it states; "Your car is the manufacturer's original specification with no modifications that enhance appearance or performance."

I'm guessing this means im totally snookered?

If they don't accept modifications then it will be tricky, you can but ask.

Personally I don't reckon things like gear knobs, sill plates and mats need reporting as they're subtle visual changes rather than something that affects resale/replacement/performance criteria.

Also concerning an illuminated knob, if you attach it to a power source that only goes live with headlights/sidelights then you'll have no problems with my bretheren at all.

On the MK2 Focus there is a power cable for illuminating the 12V socket that works off the sidelight feed so provides an easily accessible switched live.

if your car has an illuminated socket that would be an ideal source for you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club