Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Keyless Entry

EddieSp

Hi all,

I've just treated myself to an upgrade from a 10 yr old Mk1 1.9TDCi Focus Ghia to a 1 yr old Mk4 1.6 Titanium X - Woah! Slight difference!! I have to keep pinching myself that I own this new thing!

I got a cracking deal on the car but one of the things I had to drop of my spec list was keyless entry. Since buying it I'm wishing I hadn't.

Do any of you kind lot know if it is possible to retrofit the true Ford solution for this. The car knows the keys are present to do the touch start so I'm guessing/hoping there isn't too much kit missing in order to allow it?

The local Ford dealer has suggested it's not but it felt like a stock answer.

Appreciating your help in advance and apologies if it's a common question and I've not managed to find the answer already.

Ed :)

Fiesta Mk1 1.3, Fiesta Sport 1.3 Mk2, Ford Focus TDCi Mk1, Ford Focus TDCi Mk2, Ford Focus 1.6 TitaniumX

they were right its not possible keyless entry uses a special ignition barrell with a reciever key a different remote key and various other gubbings

yeah i agree with the above! its alot of hassel

And I think your Focus is a mk3 not mk4 !!!

well spotted yes a mk3 lol mk4 doesnt exist yet

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club