Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Distance Left To Empty ?

Mike77

Hi guys, filled my car to the top today, and my display will not show above around 298 ish miles to empty. Now,,,, I have reset this hoping it would pick up on my driving style, and I'm currently averaging over 50mpg all town driving, which I'm very pleased with. But its a 40 litre tank, so the figures just don't add up ? Anyone else have this mystery lol.

I wouldnt put to much stock in its accuracy to be honest. The mpg calculator and distance to empty are never accurate. You're better working it out manually for a more accurate guage of you mpg etc

If you want to easily record your fuel consumption try fuelly.com

It's only really useful if you fill the car to the brim each time though.

Yeah I've tried all the usual techniques, just wanted to know the accuracy of the cars computers really. Even at 45mpg it would be roughly 405 miles to a tank, so over a 100 miles out. Did notice the other day, that it was showing 200 miles to empty, I went out and drove 10 miles and on returning home it was showing 207 miles to empty,,, so I kind of figured it was having a brain trump lol. Thanks guys.

Actually mine is quite accurate - it's only off around 1,5 mpg on average fuel economy, and as such the distance to empty is pretty accurate as well (since it uses your average fuel economy to calculate it)

OMG,,, Own up,,, who removed a non offensive word from my previous post ? Really...... I could understand if it was offensive, but come on. I am always sure to word my posts responsibility, and don't feel the word removed was out of context.

OMG,,, Own up,,, who removed a non offensive word from my previous post ? Really...... I could understand if it was offensive, but come on. I am always sure to word my posts responsibility, and don't feel the word removed was out of context.

No one the swear filter will have removed it. It removes some words that might not be necessarily classed as swearing

• Like 1

Hi guys, filled my car to the top today, and my display will not show above around 298 ish miles to empty. Now,,,, I have reset this hoping it would pick up on my driving style, and I'm currently averaging over 50mpg all town driving, which I'm very pleased with. But its a 40 litre tank, so the figures just don't add up ? Anyone else have this mystery lol.

Hi mate, mine started off on about 290 when I first picked it up, after 1200 miles its now starting to recognise my Eco driving style and comes up with about 400 after every full tank :)

hope this helps.

Yes, im noticing now that it is starting to adjust the miles left as im driving, and its steadily going UP :) , the more you drive, the more miles ive got left haha.

I wouldnt put to much stock in its accuracy to be honest. The mpg calculator and distance to empty are never accurate. You're better working it out manually for a more accurate guage of you mpg etc

Totally agree with this.

I wouldn't trust it by a mile. I work my own fuel consumption out. Since owning the car I've travelled 371, 383 and 347 miles. [41.9per litre and £50 a tank] The computer when I filled up always says 400+.

I'm driving to Scotland two weeks today. I'll fill up the day before. I'll most likely get over 400 miles on one tank. I'm hoping the mpg will rise above 50mpg!! Cruise control will be one most of the way, especially on the motorway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club