Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Tdci -2007 - Dpf Removed And Remapped!

dreadz

gave it a good booting yesterday...overtaking is a joy!

3rd and 4th gear are brilliant for planting and letting torque do all the work!

gave it a good booting yesterday...overtaking is a joy!

3rd and 4th gear are brilliant for planting and letting torque do all the work!

Take care of your clutch mate,

There more/less at there limit as standard,

Upgrades are available for under 400 pounds

• 7 months later...

8-9 months on and still going strong!

no issues at all- gettin 57+mpg at 70-75 on motorway runs now- mpg improved a lot since the weather has warmed too? for what reason i have no idea

Diesels like cold weather, but it has to be the right kinda cold.

If its icey (icy?) then it knocks MPG off, but warm weather is generally better. The engine helps to warm up quicker, the air temperature difference is less and so it makes the engines job of needing to recycle the exhaust gas less likely, which knocks MPG up more.

If you havent already, blanking the EGR will be a good compliment to this, and will offer you that upper MPG more often!

yep already got egr delete in the remap and also the egr been blanked at source too :p

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Finally had my car mapped after DPF removal and all I can say is WOW!

Engine runs sweet as a nut and the torque (especially in 3rd & 4th) is fantastic!

Before DPF removal I was getting around 42 MPG and that was with driving like a granny but now....58 - 59 MPG without even trying!

Not only do I have more overtaking power when needed but I've extended my range by 70 - 80 miles and thats with a mix of town and short motorway runs (with a few heavy right foot journeys) so can't imagine how much it would increase if I did more motorway miles!!

I am over the moon with it and the best part....

NO EML!! :-)

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Finally had my car mapped after DPF removal and all I can say is WOW!

Engine runs sweet as a nut and the torque (especially in 3rd & 4th) is fantastic!

Before DPF removal I was getting around 42 MPG and that was with driving like a granny but now....58 - 59 MPG without even trying!

Not only do I have more overtaking power when needed but I've extended my range by 70 - 80 miles and thats with a mix of town and short motorway runs (with a few heavy right foot journeys) so can't imagine how much it would increase if I did more motorway miles!!

I am over the moon with it and the best part....

NO EML!! :-)

68mpg is now possible mate,

Result, it will be interesting to see if you have any issues come MOT time though.

68mpg is now possible mate,

68MPG??? Really?? It does seem to be creeping up every day too.....hmmmm

I'm more than happy with close to 60 but if I can push it to that then I'll be amazed! :-)

• Like 1

Result, it will be interesting to see if you have any issues come MOT time though.

MOT is due in a month so we'll see. My mate is an MOT tester but I will ask if it would've passed regardless off no DPF.

I will certainly post back with the results....

• Like 1

Hello all.

A bit confused with all this now. Isn't it now illegal to remove the DPF? Or if the job is good enough, the fun police remain none the wiser?

• Like 1

Hello all.

A bit confused with all this now. Isn't it now illegal to remove the DPF? Or if the job is good enough, the fun police remain none the wiser?

i cant see how they will sucessfully police it especially with second hand car ownership,

Which owner got the dpf removed,

Im sure jeremy kyle would love that case on his show :lol:

And shop around, the guys gutting the chamber cut the factory welds and refit the chamber its impossible to tell,

• Like 1

Can ya imagine Jeremy kyle show dpf style, :lol:

Husband buys wife a car from eBay auction

Cars in the wife's name,

While wife is at work,

Husband takes car for egr blanking and dpf internal removal but tells wife he's gone to get it valeted

Across the following weeks Wife notices increased mpg, less turbo lag and increased engine response which helps feed husbands gambling addiction due to spending less on fuel and blown turbos,

Has he gotten the dpf removed? Or has the previous owner whom sold it on eBay?

Lets take a lye detector test to find out shall we... Because the MOT Crew cant tell the difference when testing the car :lol:

Jeremy_Kyle_1125812c_zpsyont1dhg.jpg

• Like 2

im trying to fit something into his catch phrase of " PUT SOMETHING ON THE END OF IT" car related but i cant :(

• Like 1

Keep it out of there in the first place!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

tomorrow im having my dpf internals removed and a power map, cant wait for the drive home :D and following weeking having my egr blanked, woooooo :D

• Like 1

between the two of those it will feel like a different car!

Its all been done. Feels soooo much different now. No lag,no hesitation and cool turbo whistle haha. Also had egr delete mapped in.wont need it blanked now . Really has transformed frigga :-)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

although its been mapped, still put a blanking plate on it. It just ensures that nothing gathers in the EGR chamber...

Ooo ok. Well its been dispatched so might aswell eh lol

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

lol exactly.

Although its been mapped to remove from control as its mechanical something could still slip up and lock it open, so if you cover it then it doesnt matter if it does :p

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

well MOT time today and sailed straight through no problems what so ever- was dreading it due to dpf removal. and emissions were excellent according to Tester!! happy happy happy

• Like 2

excellent, so it passed the visual check? was it just a hollowed our or was the filter gutted?

• Like 1

just cut open and insides removed then welded back up. i also had no undertray cover fitted-so the tester could se it more openly...very risky move but no concerns from him. only had removed as it makes it easier when changing oil/filter.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club