Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6Tdci Non Runner 2006

Lebatti

Hi guys, this is actually a Volvo S40 1.6d but it is the same DV6 engine used in the fiesta in a 95bhp version and also the focus..

The car was fine until the battery died. So tried to jump it and it wouldn't go. Managed to bump start it to get it home but the power steering, abs and lights were not working at all whilst I drove home 10 miles.

The car wouldn't start again not even the click of the solenoid. Changed battery to a brand new Bosch battery and the car won't start. Everything else works now but the car won't turn over. The starter solenoid clicks but the motor doesn't turn.

So to diagnose i did the usual things. Check fuses, relays and wiring etc. nothing was broken so checked the starter. I removed it from the car and wired it to run straight from a battery off a car and it works perfectly. So I reinstalled it to the car and it still won't work.

I ran a wire direct from the battery to the starter so when I turn the key the starter motor turns. Sure enough the engine will turn over.

But the car still won't start. Seems like it's cutting the fuel which makes me wonder if this is an issue with ecu/cem?

I tried both key and I don't think it's the immobiliser. The only other thing I've noticed that also isn't working is the hazard lights don't flash when locking/unlocking the car. The red light flashes though on the dash. When you unlock the car the light goes off.

Anyone ever come across this issue? I've tried everything within my knowledge but it's looking like a main dealer job.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!!

Hi Glen,

Sounds like you have exhausted most possibilities, it does sound like a dealer job unfortunately.