Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intercooler Pipes

legless051202

Guys !!

Anyone got a picture of the intercooler pipes or where they located on a Focus ST 2006, as my Turbo gauge not going over 1/4, and when I switch my engine off I can hear a suction type noise coming from under the coil pack, not sure if that's effecting my Turbo as now again I get a message Engine Systems Failure , Accelerator Reduced only for a few seconds, then it's ok but gauge won't go over 1/4, need some help please

take a look at my repairing turbo intercooler pipe on my signature, this should give you an idea of what it is and where it probably is. I dont believe your Focus will be any different.

Guys !!

Anyone got a picture of the intercooler pipes or where they located on a Focus ST 2006, as my Turbo gauge not going over 1/4, and when I switch my engine off I can hear a suction type noise coming from under the coil pack, not sure if that's effecting my Turbo as now again I get a message Engine Systems Failure , Accelerator Reduced only for a few seconds, then it's ok but gauge won't go over 1/4, need some help please

Is your car stock? and modifications like remap, performance air filter etc? bave you had the car a long time, or a short time? and hve these fauls happened recently/ what was it like before?

Are you noticing any loss of power or different noises when you are "booting" the car?

The princepals of the boost pipes on the 1.6L turbo diesel PSA engine and 5-cylinder petrol turbo Volvo engine are the same (rubber/plastic/silicone and/or metal tubes connecting the turbo outlet to the intercooler and inlet manifold ) but the routing will be different

There are lots of reasons why the engine may be malfunctioning, like the actuator, boost controller, etc etc rather than a boost leak, the ECU can even reduce the boost if it senses too much boost + some 5-pot STs boost to 1/2 way on the boost gauge then settle down to 1/4 (on the stock gauge) as standard

If you could get the codes read/ aquire a code reader this would help you find out what is wrong