Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Resonance / Vibration

Paragon

Hi All .

Just new to the forum as I have just bought a 2008 1.6 dtci focus .

After driving it for just over a week now I have noticed a vibration / resonance comming from the offside front area when the engine is reving around 1800 to 2000 rpm . Has anyone come acoss this before and is it common ?

Also I hope it's something simple to fix .

Regards John

Hello

Yes and the turbo intercooler hose 'blew off' its housing with the air filter when the noise became more persistant at different rev ranges. It could be working lose i suggest you get it checked.

• Like 1

Hi Alan and thanks for the reply !

I'll take a look at that this afternoon . I have had a few minor issues with the car since buying it . That vibration being one of them . The other was road noise from the rear which turned out to be a bad tyre , which was an easy fix thank goodness . Just hope the vibration is just as easy to fix !!!

Regards John

Hi Alan and thanks for the reply !

I'll take a look at that this afternoon . I have had a few minor issues with the car since buying it . That vibration being one of them . The other was road noise from the rear which turned out to be a bad tyre , which was an easy fix thank goodness . Just hope the vibration is just as easy to fix !!!

Regards John

Hello, I have the same car and same issue. However, the vibration is rather weak, and even less with winther tyres, nearly gone.

From what I hear, this is how the Focus is! The Engine has a self resonance at this rpm, and when reading the pre-tests of this car when it was brand new, it says it has resonance from the Engine. Of course it may have additional issues after some time, like unbalanced or damaged rims. My garage this in a couple of my wheels, but there will allways be a little resonance, that some of us will notice.

The new tyres sorted the road noise out for me ! The vibration seems to be comming from the dashboard at the drivers side . Check out the engine bay today and found nothing .

Regards John

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club