Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is The Idle Control Valve On A Mk2 1.6 Zetec?

Waqs

Want to replace my idle control valve but not sure where its located?

$T2eC16VHJGwE9n)yTeDtBQ!bLuTbZw~~60_35.J

thats because you dont have one the idle is controlled by the ecu only

Ok so what other reason is there for a low idle? My car is idling around 500-600rpm once warmed up. And frequently on a cold start the engine dies unless I give it some gas for a few seconds.

Could it be another sensor?

do the dash test to see the correct idle speed im assuming youre cars a 2005 onwards to be a mk2 if its 1999-2004 then its a mk1 or 1.5 in which case it will have an idle control valve on the right hand side of the engine the passenger side near the bulkhead between the engine and battery if its a genuine mk2 then the ecu controls the idle speed based on exterior temperature air intake and air temperature electrical load etc so a full diagnostic would need done to determine what sensor is faulty you can do simple things such as check the state of the air filter check the hoses for leaks or if any hoses have come off check the pcv valve and the state of the battery a gargae will do a free battery test it may have a faulty cell which will show now its getting colder outside

first get the dash test going and start the car note down the idle speed now let it warm up and check the idle speed again while youre in the test mode check the battery voltage you should be seeing 14-14.4v from it post the numbers up and that will at least determine if its an idle issue or not

Most likely you need to clean your MAF sensor. This sensor heats up wires just after the air filter. The air then rushes over this and the sensor measures how much current it takes to heat up the wire to a certain point. This tells the car how much air is passing through and how much it compensates. As such the car then knows the air involved so adjusts fuel accordingly.

When you have a dirty MAF sensor, the readings are skewed, so the air intake reading is skewed and the car compensates and adjusts the fuel in the incorrect proportion. If you have no smoke, it likely thinks there is enough air, when actually there is too much.

I'll do the dash test and report back when I can.

where is the MAF sensor located as its not on the pipe that runs from the airbox?

Looking at my haynes manual I'm sure I have the 1.6 non-ti-vct engine (100bhp) therefore I don't think I have a MAF sensor.

I do however have a TMAP sensor. Should I have a look at that?

if you have TMAP then yes you would need to look for that. I believe its close to the top of the engine?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club