Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replaced My Seats. Now No Dashlights Or Rear Running Lights.

wowzir

I replaced the seats in my 2006 Ford Focus ZX3 with 2003 Focus Seats, now my dashlights dont work and rear running lights dont work??? I did check the fuse and it was blown. Replaced the fuse and two days later blown again. If I dont have the passenger seat plugged in I will have dashlights. If I plug in the passenger seat the gauges and dashlights dont work at all??? Very confusing. I'm running without the passenger seat plugged in and carrying a box of 10A fuses in case. HELP!!!!! :)

Thanks in advance. James

Disconnect the battery, drop the fuseboard from the passenger footwell, disconnect ALL harnesses and reconnect all of them in turn ensuring all are secured.

Otherwise, it might be a cable that has been knocked underneath the foot area. Not sure if you ripped back the carpets or just pulled seats out and put new in without touching anything else.

Is the wiring the same in the previous seats to the new seats?? Just a thought as if something is wired different it may be shorting or putting a live down somewhere it shouldn't etc etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club