Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Tdci 1.8 Injector Problems

kylet1990

I only blanked it off after this problem to try and fix it. When i use easy start it will idle for as long as i want and even drive to 2000 rpm then cut out. When it is idling the only sound i can notice is the popping type sound i mentioned before which sounds around the back of the engine. The notice gets faster after ive give it a little rev.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kylet1990

• mick85

• Chinny

• martyntdci

I did think fuel pump but i assumed that would just pack in all together. So i thought as long as theres fuel getting to the injectors it will be fine, can it go gradually?

A pump can go most common issue imv valve this suck the fuel to pump from the filter an if they gone sometimes cant supply the demand required when u drivin an car cuts out an sometimes no faults

U have egr blanked off and still have it connected did u try starting car wit egr completely romoved

I would check egr make sure it's operating as it should

No i havnt tried that yet as ive been at work. I will tomorow and see if it will start with the egr unplugged. Im starting to question if the reconditioned injectors i bought are no good.

I disconnect the egr valve plug and the popping noise stopped and when it hit 2000rpm driving the coil light did come on and it went into limp move but it didnt cut out. Also it was throwing massive amounts of smoke out the back.

Is there any way of opening the fuel filter to check for shards of metal off the pump?

Its a sealed metal filter with a screw on bleeder valve type thing on the bottom. I emptied it out a bit of black gunk stuff came out but no metal shavings.

Ive never replaced it but bought the car 5 months ago

It would of gone into limp mode as the erg has been unplugged, I would blank erg valve off and reconnect plug should be fine after that

For wat filter would cost I would defo replace it least u can rule out as a problem

I have blanked it off. I put a blanking plate inbetween the egr valve and the pipe that goes to the exhaust manifold.

Sounds like erg is stuck open and choking engine, you could remove egr and inlet manifold clean all the black gunk with carb clean make sure egr is operating manually after clean then put it back together

How big of a job is it to remove the egr valve? It looks mounted to the inlet manifold.

Not to bad I would take the manifold off as well clean it all as the gunk can build up inside the inlet manifold reducing the airflow

Ive just read into it and apparently the bottle bolts of the inlet manifold are blocked by the exhaust manifold, which is attached to the turbo. Looks like a hell of a job. I wonder if i could get some carb cleaner and spray some in there.

Ive just read into it and apparently the bottle bolts of the inlet manifold are blocked by the exhaust manifold, which is attached to the turbo. Looks like a hell of a job. I wonder if i could get some carb cleaner and spray some in there.

I noticed this on the bottom of the engine that had recently been replaced. Can anyone tell me what this is?

I noticed this on the bottom of the engine. It looks new so be be a recently repair can anyone tell me what this is?

post-49294-0-66010400-1388870846_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club