Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eng Management Light And Many Other Woes

splant

hi all think ive bought a lemon so i,ll get stuck in with my probs [06 focus 1.6] 1st of all an intermittant tapping noise just like a worn cam but the noise comes and goes ? ,,,2nd eng managemnt light come on for no reason unless the bonnet open light would set it off,, would it? 3rd antifreeze in plug recesses ive searched this and theres talk of core plug or cracked head ,,, which is most likely ? these are my main niggles i guess thats what you get for buying from dodgy dealers and getting a trade sale receipt . cheers for any help

intermittent tapping could be a hydraulic tappet..an oil change can sometimes sort that out, but it may pay to flush the old oil first.

why do you believe light comes on for no reason?

has anyone plugged in and checked for codes logged

most likely a core plug problem

tapping noise could be a worn adjuster/water pump, but is yours cam chain or belt?

eml would not just appear for no reason.... check it with a code reader....

i would first check your washer jets not leaking thro different than antifreeze i know, pipe work also.

these should have 2 hexagonal headed core plugs in the cylinder head between 1&2 and 3&4 cylinders these sometimes leak
and water escapes as you described you need to replace them and when fitting new ones use thread lock or similar to seal them

Did you buy the car from a dealer or a private purchase?

yes was a dealer off eBay very dodgy one but sounded so cheap 950 for an 06 focus ,i thought it would start missing or something for the eng man light to come on , then i thought it might have been because of the bonnet open light on, the water in the plug well was orange same as header tank, ive bought some radweld il give that a try before a core plug , i thought it sounded like ahydraulic tappet but theyre not hydraulic ive been told just buckets that have different thicknesses ,so no idea why it comes and goes .

oh ive bought a sealey code reader so i,ll let you know what that says when it comes , i unplugged battery overnight but that didnt do anything

Take the car back. As a business, they owe you 6 months warranty on the vehicle (check my signature) they should resolve it for you. They cannot claim sold as seen as the Sale of goods act means that they cannot refuse to repair the vehicle as liability is theirs for 6 months. You may find you need to get a refund though if they become too problematic!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club