Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK7 Mobile Navigation

jimbob1989

What's the point in that? Why don't they just bung a GPS module in and be done with it?

I would like the ability to have satnav built in, and put that screen to use, but map updates would be a bit fiddly, I suppose.

According to my man in the know aka my relative at Ford, the next Fiesta will be getting a mini facelift and will include built in sat nav.

• 1 month later...

I always have a (few) screwdrivers in my car ...

Kidding, only showed with pictures and video's that there is nothing ' special ' on the system ... it's just a mirror with a separate place for a standard cheap garmin gps and a 12 volt wire.

A cell phone with free navigation is alot more handy to take out ... Nokia's for example. But then those can give small problems also ... no combination phone bluetooth and guiding voice from the cell phone over the car speakers, one has to make a choice.

My iPhone has a Sat nav app on it. The directions come through Speakers, automatically lowering the volume of the music. I have my stereo on bluetooth anyway for music. When the phone rings the satnav stays on the screen. couldn't ask for much more to be honest. But i rarely use it anyway haha

hi, which sat nav app do you use? there seem to be a few.....

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I thought it better to keep this in this topic rather than create a new one...

...My 2011 Fiesta comes with Ford Mobile Navigation and I've purchased an SD card with the app and maps, plus a Nokia N95 to install it. I'm trying to activate it but I am not receiving an SMS back to confirm activation. If I chose manual activation it asks for a code I don't have. Anyone have any ideas whatsoever?

Cheers.

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a new 2014/15 Fiesta Titanium X with an upgrade to the Sony DAB unit with built-in satnav but, I've just been reading through this thread which dates back to 2009 and would like to know if the "Ford Mobile Navigation" mentioned in the thread is 'old' technology and if so, when was it phased out?

Was Ford Mobile Navigation an option on earlier Fiesta's and did it come as standard on higher models and, if so, which models?

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a new 2014/15 Fiesta Titanium X with an upgrade to the Sony DAB unit with built-in satnav but, I've just been reading through this thread which dates back to 2009 and would like to know if the "Ford Mobile Navigation" mentioned in the thread is 'old' technology and if so, when was it phased out?

Was Ford Mobile Navigation an option on earlier Fiesta's and did it come as standard on higher models and, if so, which models?

yes it's old tech and was always an option. I think they phased it out in 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club