Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Might Be Buying Into Team Mondeo Soon....

jeebowhite

Good choice I had a 2004 2.0 tdci lx for about 8 years. Loved it. Got rid of it last June to get newer model. I kept my DTUK tuning module so its for sale if your interested. It made a hell of a difference to my Mondeo. We got it because we bought a new caravan that weighed half a ton ( yes really ) more than our old one. It towed the new caravan better with the chip, than the old one without it. Mileage was constantly around the 50 mpg mark with a bit of a kick when you wanted it.

Nice one - its a DTUK box i have - they are good tuning boxes - is it one of the red ones? (you get the red ones for power, green ones for economy, or the new(er) multi map ones, with upto 4 different user- selectable maps) ive had my mk3 8+ years too - im keeping mine, though - they say old Fords never die - the just get faster :lol:

Nice one - its a DTUK box i have - they are good tuning boxes - is it one of the red ones? (you get the red ones for power, green ones for economy, or the new(er) multi map ones, with upto 4 different user- selectable maps) ive had my mk3 8+ years too - im keeping mine, though - they say old Fords never die - the just get faster :lol:

Its the green one. Although to be honest when I bought it the specs for green and red seemed almost identical, they just emphasize the power side for red and economy for green in the bumph about them. Did make a hell of a difference for everything though. It even lowered the speed I could use 6th gear on cruise control.

• Like 1

Richard, might take you up on that offer if I have a few pennies left over!

I am still laying towards getting one if the car is written off! I just have to wait for a long time for that to eventually happen!

if you dont want it i am keen ;)

if you dont want it i am keen ;)

Just so you know, the tuning boxes on the TDDI and TDCI are completely different and not interchangeable -

on the TDCI, the tuning box often plugs into the common rail, on the TDDI, between the fuel pump and the ECU, the way the fuel systems work are different, the tuning boxes work in different ways and even the plugs/ sockets are different - so they cannot even be adapted, one to the other

Only dodgy/ cheapo IAT (intake air temp) "resistor" boxes, and MAF(on Mondeos with MAFs) boxes are interchangable between TDDIs/ TDCIs (not worth having) DTUK makes tottaly different tuning boxes for the TDCI/ TDDI.

a good TDDI tuning boxes can be hard to find

Thanks for all the advice guys, I am looking to get the MK4 possibly now, so just going to be keeping my eye out for some crackers.

Matt let me know if your interested then. I will be putting it in the for sale bit of the forums soon , that's if it exists. I don't know if you can pm me as I don't want to take over someone else's forum for my own end.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club