Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Set Date Past 2013!

jwm

I've bought a used 2008 Focus 1.6 Style Estate and have noticed a couple of things:

1. I can't seem to set the date to 2014 - 2013 is the latest year it'll accept

2. I want the temperature to be displayed in centigrade but the only way to do that is to have KM rather than miles on the odometer.

Are there any ways round these two minor problems?

Thanks

To set the date to 2014 you have to set the date to 31/12/2013 and the time to 23:59. Now you have to wait 1 minute and the date will be 01/01/2014. Afterwards you should be able to set the correct date and time.

As far as I know it is not possible to change only the temperature to metrical values.

Good bit of lateral thinking - I'll give it a go.

Thanks

The date problem is now sorted thanks but the temperature one is still present. Unfortunately the menus on my car seem a lot more basic than the one shown on Stoney871's post.

Cancel that, I've just done it! The key is to do it from the display of the temperature rather than from within the settings menu - but you knew that already!!!

Thanks very much it's all sorted!

• 8 years later...

Resurecting an old post, finally done messing with my new 2.5 cluster, i cannot set the year past 2012. I have an aftermarket head unit so cant do it from the stereo. everything else works as it should.

21 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

Resurecting an old post, finally done messing with my new 2.5 cluster, i cannot set the year past 2012. I have an aftermarket head unit so cant do it from the stereo. everything else works as it should.

Have you tried setting it to the last day in 2012 and letting it rollover as above?

Alternatively do you have the old stereo?  You could swap that back in briefly if so.  I know it's a pain but would only need doing once.

No not got the original, was hoping someone would say Forscan or ELM haha, as i've just put a new cluster in due to upper LCD showing burn out, Sorted the mileage and alls tickety boo dar the date.

Will try the rollover tomorrow, cheers

I have the same issue sometimes if I’ve removed the cluster - the rollover truck works, just set time and date to December 31st 11.59pm for 2012 and the year will move to 2013 after that. You can then update to 2022 etc

• Like 1

cheers troy, so i only need force it over once then the rest is straight forward

Sorted, had to go 2018, 2019, 2020 then it adjust up to 2022.

While i was in there i also turned off the annoying power steering warning as i'm 100% certain theres no issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimpster said:

Sorted, had to go 2018, 2019, 2020 then it adjust up to 2022.

While i was in there i also turned off the annoying power steering warning as i'm 100% certain theres no issue.

Were the clocks from something other than a 1.6 petrol?  All other engines in Mk2 use a semi-electric power steering pump.  If the cluster isn't getting a reading from the pump, it will throw a warning.  You can probably untick 'EHPAS' (or similar) in the HEC using ELMConfig if the warning returns.

i had the mk2 clocks, and upgraded to the 2.5, so yes i had to turn off the EHPAS in the HEC section as i dont have an electric rack. from A-B

car5.jpg

clocksnew.jpg

• Like 1

and YES before eagle eyes spot it, that mileage IS correct.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club