Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Upgrade Help !

ZS_John

I've got a 2014 fiesta ST-2 an looking into getting the upgrade for it.

When I ring the insurance what do I tell them as I have never had anything like this before ?

Is there a code or something I need to give them.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Mountune packages have an 'ABI code' which insurers will recognise. However looking at the MP215 website page there is no code but they state:

All Fiesta ST upgraded with the Mountune MP215 can be insured as models in their own right.

When seeking insurance quotes please ensure you declare the car as a Fiesta ST 215 using the ABI rating available.

I think what you need to tell them is MP215 and that will give them all the details they need to know.

Wouldn't bother with it anyway, A guy on another forum I know had his put on Rollers before and it was @ 201BHP on Overboost, after was 214BHP, it's way to expensive for 15BHP, spend your money elsewhere like Pumaspeed and get some better upgrades.

Seriously? Pumaspeed?

Okay cheers I think I'll just ring them and see what happens.

As for not getting it and looking at puma speed it haven't really heard of them I just no that Mountune is fords own / doesn't void the warranty so I think thst a safe bet with them.

• Like 2

You really wouldn't want pumaspeed loose on your ST.

That bad is it ?

Wouldn't bother with it anyway, A guy on another forum I know had his put on Rollers before and it was @ 201BHP on Overboost, after was 214BHP, it's way to expensive for 15BHP, spend your money elsewhere like Pumaspeed and get some better upgrades.

Always thought it gave you 215 before overboost!

I've seen a few posts saying similar now. What's so bad about pumaspeed?

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

I have equally heard what I stress is rumours about Pumaspeed being one to avoid, stuff like fitting second hand parts instead of new, I'm there is a guy on Passionford that bought a Puma project car off them that was full of bodges.

You say rumours? But, are there to much of them to ignore?

Here is the thread I was referring to:

http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-rebuilds-and-projects/295817-puma-cosworth-restoration-bodge-job-fix.html

Can make you're own mind up as if the standard of work on their own project cars is anything to go by I wouldn't want to see what they do with customers.

1 example is what you're going by to say avoid?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

There are many people on other ford sites that have used pumaspeed and received crap service from them. One unhappy customer even vandalised the owners range rover. That says it all.

There are many people on other ford sites that have used pumaspeed and received crap service from them. One unhappy customer even vandalised the owners range rover. That says it all.

Srs? He vandalised the guys RR because of a service issue and you take his "experience" as gospel?

I'm pretty neutral on this. I would have no need of pumaspeed's services. I can see sheriff's point. service that makes someone that angry can't be good. Especially if there are plenty other cases.

Companies like superchips and mountune cause serious debate. Cost vs gain and such like. But I've never heard anyone say "you wouldn't let them loose on your car, would you?"

You obviously have a different view Matt?

I have nothing personal against them at all, never had any work done by them but I use numerous forums and was just passing on what I had seen. I'm sure the OP would prefer to be told about these things rather than be in the dark and potentially have problems.

Suffice to say though that given the various threads etc I have seen on them I wouldn't call on them to do anything to my car. I have used their mail order service without problems though.

Srs? He vandalised the guys RR because of a service issue and you take his "experience" as gospel?

No I don't. But before I was going to use them I did some research on other forums. The response wasn't good.

Go ahead mate, give them a try. I'm just passing on what I've read. Personally that's enough for me.

£600 is a lot of money if it doesn't really improve the car a whole lot.

I'll have to have a read properly and have a look around. Might just save my £600 and go on driving holiday instead :p

It has more than enough power standard to have fun with it :)

• Like 1

It's no different to any other firm. You always hear about the bad stuff more than the good. The norm these days for people seems to be when something goes wrong they take to the Internet and complain about, only when people are truly proud do they post good comments as good work is expected. Look at TripAdvisor for instance, reviews on there are either really good or really bad. No one posts stuff when they are just happy / got what they expected.

• Like 1

OK Matt. That's a fair point and I agree to a degree.

I have seen positives about them also, and I admit also I have never used them in person so it may have been unfair to comment on them the way I did.

If anyone else has any personal experience, that would help.

It's no different to any other firm. You always hear about the bad stuff more than the good. The norm these days for people seems to be when something goes wrong they take to the Internet and complain about, only when people are truly proud do they post good comments as good work is expected. Look at TripAdvisor for instance, reviews on there are either really good or really bad. No one posts stuff when they are just happy / got what they expected.

Agreed

£600 is a lot of money if it doesn't really improve the car a whole lot.

I'll have to have a read properly and have a look around. Might just save my £600 and go on driving holiday instead :P

It has more than enough power standard to have fun with it :)

On a positive note -

Why not fit the Superchips Bluefin -

Graph -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/FiestaSTEcoBoostStage1.pdf

Its a claimed 228Hp and 322Nm, it costs £399 and Superchips is relatively insurance- frendly + you have the usual Bluefin advantages

On a positive note -

Why not fit the Superchips Bluefin -

Graph -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/FiestaSTEcoBoostStage1.pdf

Its a claimed 228Hp and 322Nm, it costs £399 and Superchips is relatively insurance- frendly + you have the usual Bluefin advantages

I have never thought of this. Will it void my warranty or will it be okay as I don't really want to void it ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club