Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Dash Cam For Mk2 Focus????

sonic113

32GB is the maximum it takes Sal!

As for Dan, would be handy if you could publish a list, sadly though, my underwriter with you guys doesnt seem to :(

No worries matey!

• 3 weeks later...

James will the focus be able to take 2 dash cams on the battery ok?

I have currently got parking senors that are only on when in reverse but my radio, twin monitor dvd players and sat nav are on all the time as well as the standard car electrics( ie lights, heater, ac, heated windows electrics windows ect).

Granted that the things like the lights, heated win screen ect are not used all the time (ie lights only at night, heated winscreen in frost ect) but if i add 2 dash cams to my above electric load will it be able to take it ok or will I start to see battery issues ect? Just thought i would ask and see what you though. i thinking of the winter days and nights when most of the elctrics will be at use maybe even all at once on certain occasions.

also out of curiosity how many electric gadgets do you guys run or have installed on your Cars?

Thanks

To be honest the camera uses the smallest amount of power its not going to make enough of a difference mate! put it this way, change your lights to LED's and you will save enough power to operate the camera.

If your worried about it, buy a bigger battery but unless your doing a lot of electrical gadgetery and barely any miles it wont be an issue!

I have the dashcam, rear view camera, TFT Mirror, and will be putting more into it...

James did you get a rear view cam? What model did you go for and how have you both wired in? I'm looking to get the front and rear can soon but am still on the fence over what to get. There are so many models and so many fake ones that look like certain cams if you know what I mean.

Can you give me links to the exact ones you use or recimmend. Judging by your build thread and advice on here I think I will go with the same as you as you know sound like you know your stuff lol!

Thanks mate.

Mobius highly recommended if you are still looking. I've installed one recently no issues at all except a dodgy sd card.

Going to install one in the rear as well, and it is literally install and forget and is very discreet.

Records in full HD 1080p .mov (quicktime files) and takes up to 32gb. Has loads of configuration options and is smaller than the focus keyfob.

Quality on youtube is reduced but here is a sample I recently uploaded:

• Like 1

How did you wire in your boot cam?

As promised - a few pics of the F70 setup
Not sure how good they are - haven't looked at them on anything other than my phone
attachicon.gif1402091251777.jpgattachicon.gif1402091271643.jpgattachicon.gif1402091287325.jpgattachicon.gif1402091298889.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

The camera plugs into the front camera - so the wire is just routed along the headlining. I managed to squeeze it through the existing cable shroud/grommet on the boot

Iid

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

Ah thanks. Sounds like maybe a Blackvue without reading all through thread. I have one but the old model which is just the front facing one.

Was thinking of getting a second rear facing standalone one which runs of ignition so it just records when driving car.

I know there is potential to add a 12v plug in boot, but I think it would be constantly on.

The camera plugs into the front camera - so the wire is just routed along the headlining. I managed to squeeze it through the existing cable shroud/grommet on the boot
Iid

I just bought a cheap camera, claimed to be the bees knees but I didnt get the rear cam with it. I am looking to try and swap with a front and rear facing system if I can. This one will probably go back or if I get a refund without the need for it, then I will give it to the father in law for his leisure!

The one I linked to in another thread isn't bad.

Obviously, at £37 it ain't no IMAX quality movie - but it can pick up reg plates moderately well...and the in built microphone is very good - so just shout out the plates of any eejjits you see (and remember not to sing as you drive :P)

• Like 1

the in built microphone is very good - so just shout out the plates of any eejjits you see (and remember not to sing as you drive :P)

So its not just me who does this!

Usually preceded by or immediately after a torrent of abusive words that'll make a sailor blush? Yeah lol

lol yup! thats why if I upload a movie, I remove sound first :D

• Like 1

For the price, I thought the one you linked to was a bargain, as long as it does readable index plates and audio, what more do you need?! I also shout the reg in time of panic along with other expletives :D

The one I linked to in another thread isn't bad.

Obviously, at £37 it ain't no IMAX quality movie - but it can pick up reg plates moderately well...and the in built microphone is very good - so just shout out the plates of any eejjits you see (and remember not to sing as you drive :P)

I'll upload a sample video tomorrow...and try not to lose the !Removed! memory card again!!

thanks guys

the mobius looks good but I think id rather have a screen to see the lens view and help position the cam.

Sean looking forward to seeing your footage when uploaded. James I think like you I may wait for a dual system where the rear cam comes with the front cam instead of having 2 separate cams and having to wire into the car in 2 places. Also it may prove to be better value getting a dual cam but does anyone know of any one the market?

Sonic, I can confirm for you positioning mounting isn't a concern for the mobius, it does true HD at very wide angle.

Separate camera mounted in the back will have a better view of number plates, I know it's more hassle and cost though

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Not the most precise way to mount a non-lcd dash cam, but I simply lined it up to where I thought it would need to be, got a whiteboard pen and drew around the mount (being a teacher can have its perks), then held camera there whilst running short record session. Then replayed in my car on laptop and I could see if it needed moving left, right, up, down. I would just repeat process, wiping out whiteboard pen lines until I got it just right.

thanks guys

the mobius looks good but I think id rather have a screen to see the lens view and help position the cam.

Sean looking forward to seeing your footage when uploaded. James I think like you I may wait for a dual system where the rear cam comes with the front cam instead of having 2 separate cams and having to wire into the car in 2 places. Also it may prove to be better value getting a dual cam but does anyone know of any one the market?

With my ever first use of the mobius I connected it with my laptop as a Web can and viewed the screen once I did that I got a good idea of how well the camera view is to the point that I never needed to do that again. How I do it is a set the camera straight (horizontal) just by looking at it. This alone is good enough but if you're a perfectionist like myself I stood outside of the car looking at the camera standing directly in front of the car where I could see if it was pointing a little to the left or right work good everytime

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Builders unexpectedly appeared this morning - so never got the chance to go out!!

Mobius looks good and is a great size for hiding the cam but I'm looking for one with both front and rear in the same set I think. if nothing comes up in the next month I will get 2 separate cams and maybe the mobius may be the one I will use for the rear and the gw1 for the front. I like the idea of having a small screen at least on the front one. I'm still in the "thinking" mode lol! :wacko:

Lenny posted a link to a good looking piece of kit recently will try find the link

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

thanks James that would be much appreciated.