Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminated Gear Gnob

Steve27

Hi all

Has anyone fitted the illuminated gear knob from the ford accessory catalogue part no, F1580939, it's listed to fit focus 2008 onwards as I'm wondering where the lead connects too and how hard it is ? :(

There is a socket behind the trim pannel by the drivers left leg. Its the same socket that is used for electronic pedal adjustment (on the one car in the UK that must have it!)

P.s. it is taller than the standard knob, so that's something to consider if you find the current one comfortable with the arm rest etc.

I was poking around the centre console the other day running wires to the rear footwell.

Its pretty straight forward to pull apart, the only tricky bit is how you want it illuminated. the very handy 12v socket is always on, you might have footwell lighting which is easy enough to come off (that's what I did, glove box out, locate the wires, splice feed through the centre console), if your looking to have it on from when headlights turned on then you could probably take it from the illuminated switches for the front / rear defrost buttons, not sure how easy it will be getting to that, if your looking for ignition on then ive not got a Scooby where the easiest wire to access will be, but the physical fitting and removing the old one is dead easy

Hi all

Has anyone fitted the illuminated gear knob from the ford accessory catalogue part no, F1580939, it's listed to fit focus 2008 onwards as I'm wondering where the lead connects too and how hard it is ? :(

where is the best place to get one of this at a decent price?

Lots a places to find them all silly prices, prob best looking at aliexpress in china, can be crap quality or identical to OEM, so bit hit or miss :/

Lots a places to find them all silly prices, prob best looking at aliexpress in china, can be crap quality or identical to OEM, so bit hit or miss :/

I have been looking at that website (aliexpress) but they dont seem to use paypal, how do you buy securely from it? have you used it yourself?

i used it for my washer jets and a glowing ford badge, it took a while to deliver but I didn't have any issues. The issue is, esp on the cheap small stuff, it getting lost, its China an with that it comes with a small risk of it getting lost, in terms of theft, its perhaps as likely as anything like eBay and on line dealings to get done, if it looks too good to be true it probably is. But from those two items, I didn't have an issue so its up to you.

Maybe try out some cheap LED dome lights first, see what you think, I got a free set of rear dome LEDS with my washers ( no idea why! but was a nice surprise when I opened the box!

I have been looking at that website (aliexpress) but they dont seem to use paypal, how do you buy securely from it? have you used it yourself?

Credit card, assuming you have one ^_^

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club