Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Insurances? What Are You Paying?

ashleymount95

£3000?!?!?!

Did you add parents or anything on to that? If you did.. I dread to think what the price was without them..

Nope, no parents as that was the cheapest way. No named drivers, no black box and it was still the cheapest. Oh well, at least I've got the car I wanted.

Nope, no parents as that was the cheapest way. No named drivers, no black box and it was still the cheapest. Oh well, at least I've got the car I wanted.

It's normally much cheaper to add your parents to the policy.

What insurance company are you with?

• Like 1

It's normally much cheaper to add your parents to the policy.

What insurance company are you with?

I'm with Endsleigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I'm with Endsleigh.

F*ck Endsleigh!

I've been with admiral group from day one, can't fault them at all (though they originally quoted me 3300 for a saxo 1.1 desire when I was 17 a errrr no thank you!)

Moment I turned 18 it !Removed! down to 1200, lol. By any chance Jack, were you 17when you took the policy out? IF SO ring them and tell them you've now turned 18 and they should recalculate your premium :)

I just got a renewal price of £330 for my st3, no mods/claims/convictions with 4yrs NCB - was fairly happy with that!

F*ck Endsleigh!

I've been with admiral group from day one, can't fault them at all (though they originally quoted me 3300 for a saxo 1.1 desire when I was 17 a errrr no thank you!)

Moment I turned 18 it !Removed! down to 1200, lol. By any chance Jack, were you 17when you took the policy out? IF SO ring them and tell them you've now turned 18 and they should recalculate your premium :)

I just got a renewal price of £330 for my st3, no mods/claims/convictions with 4yrs NCB - was fairly happy with that!

Nope, this was only last Tuesday. Strangely, my quotes have gone up £400 in 2 months. Right before I bought my Focus in January I double checked and was quoted a reasonable £2600, by last week it was £3050, which is the cheapest.

It's All a con admiral are usless they tried to change my policy half way through for no reason so I told them to shove it will never go with them again don't care how cheap they go but I just found out if you put kept in public car park on insurance it will work out cheaper than saying its in a garage don't know how that works

It's All a con admiral are usless they tried to change my policy half way through for no reason so I told them to shove it will never go with them again don't care how cheap they go but I just found out if you put kept in public car park on insurance it will work out cheaper than saying its in a garage don't know how that works

I think they will say if there is a fire there won't be much chance of saving the car ??????

Security doesn't come into it nowadays.

3K! When I was 19 I was only paying about £2000 for my first Subaru Impreza but that was just over 5 years ago. I don't envy anyone under the age of 25 trying to insure a car now. I'm now paying £450 a year for my Focus ST-2.

3K! When I was 19 I was only paying about £2000 for my first Subaru Impreza but that was just over 5 years ago. I don't envy anyone under the age of 25 trying to insure a car now. I'm now paying £450 a year for my Focus ST-2.

It's ridiculous just how much insurance costs now

Nope, this was only last Tuesday. Strangely, my quotes have gone up £400 in 2 months. Right before I bought my Focus in January I double checked and was quoted a reasonable £2600, by last week it was £3050, which is the cheapest.

£3,050 at your age for that car?!

What the f did you do..... are you the director's son or something?

My first car was a 1.2 clio 2002 reg with 77k miles on the clock, I was insured on that after passing my test in Jan 2013, Fully comp was £1,100 first year with a £500 excess. That was by far the cheapest, the car was only worth about £800-£1000 at the time.

Year 2 it went down to £595, and start of year 3 (Feb just gone) it hardly decreased, down to £550.

Since my old car was continually needing new work and replacement parts I got a loan for a 2011 reg Fiesta Edge 1.4 TDCI which was £5k, had 76K on the clock, but it's a diesel so no real worry there.

I've been given 3 years no claims by Admiral, despite only having been driving for 2 years and 2 months ish.

My Fiesta to insure fully comp was £695 for a year with legal cover, windscreen cover and personal injury cover (up to £10,000).

I'm 19 now but I'll be turning 20 in 29 days time :P

£3,050 at your age for that car seems like a very reasonable deal to me....especially if it's with no parents and no telematics (black box).

My insurance has just gone up, seems like the accident (woman drive into me, but claimed 100% responsibility - eventually) has been held against me...

My minor mods don't help matters though lol :lol: as apparently they're accountable, I'd rather everything is 100% declared though, even if one of my mods is a note on their system as they don't have a category for that particular one (illuminated gear knob)

Gone up from 250 to 450 pa

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 1 month later...

I'm 18, and I passed my test in January 2015. I paid just over £1500 to insure my Ford Fiesta Flight (2002).

I also have a black box... yeah. :lol:

When I bought my brand new Fiesta Titanium in 2011 my insurance was about £650 - that's without any no claims bonus. It's around £450 now which I'm happy with :D. I am a girl so I'm guessing that helps

The area has most to do with it Middlesex area has a high number of claims so insurance is very high

Brand new Focus ST3, £199.75 per year . . :P

• Like 4

Clive is just a young pup tho . . . :)

• Like 1

Clive is just a young pup tho . . . :)

And you're an old fa@t :p

• Like 1

Oi ! . . . a little less of the old s'il vous plais ! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

24 / 0 No Claims / 1 accident / sp 30...

Ford focus 1.8 £175 a month fully comp

Ford Fiesta 1.4 £87 a month (just getting quotes now) or £105 without a Blackbox fitted... third party f&t

Any chance one of the insurance guys here could look up my correct accident details (claimed against or not, injury's) so i don't have loads of rubbish after taking out the policy? i know when the crash was just don't know what came of it...

Just ask your insurance company they will have all the details

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

21, no accidents, 3 years driving

£1024 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 - took out a company policy so price includes business use, goods in transit and third party on other vehicles, I thought it was a steal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club