Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Clutch Return Spring

charlie866

I have a 55 plate focus 2.0 diesel, and the other day this part fell into the footwell the yellow part on the right with the spring broken. So i went to ford and bought replacement about £4 it also came with the other spring But on looking up underneath the dash in the footwell i cannot see this other spring. I have tried to replace the yellow spring but yet to no avail and ford want £120 to do it they reckon 1.5hrs labour I havent given up yet but any advice would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows how to do and can tell me what the other spring is for and any pictures would be a great help thanks. PS ignore the fiesta avatar :)

post-3961-1246389922_thumb.jpg

Ok all sorted compressed the spring an made a slotted piece to hold spring while i fitted :)

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

The same plastic return spring just broke and fell off on my 2007 Focus. The main spring is still intact and the clutch pedal returns as normal it seems. Could either of you let me know please where/how you replaced the cream plastic spring jobby. It is impossible to see where it actually came from without any diagrams. Any help is appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Hi, i have the same issue with my focus. The yellow plastic clip/spring fell off a few weeks ago and i cnt seem to fit it in, been driving around & the pedal seems ok. A few mechanics who have looked at it are saying they cant do it, and the ones that can want over £90, they are saying its a long job as you have to remove everything to get to the pedal

Hi, i have the same issue with my focus. The yellow plastic clip/spring fell off a few weeks ago and i cnt seem to fit it in, been driving around & the pedal seems ok. A few mechanics who have looked at it are saying they cant do it, and the ones that can want over £90, they are saying its a long job as you have to remove everything to get to the pedal

It is a tricky job but for a mechanic to say they can't do it means they are in the wrong job!

Thanks for the quick reply, the mechanics are saying that they can't figure out how or where the yellow spring goes, a few forums i have gone through have instructions on fitting the silver spring (with the 5p coin trick) but this is the only one forum talking about the yellow plastic spring, this makes me think, maybe most ford focuses have the silver spring installed and a very few have this yellow plastic one installed instead of the silver spring, when you buy the part from main dealers both springs come in a pack. What do you think, and i cant find any picture which shows me how or where the yellow plastic spring goes but there are lots if diagrams showing where the other silver spring goes

Is it possible to fit the spring without removing all the plastic panels and the peddel.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club