Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

Checked out the noise at the back of the car today & silentcoated under the rear seats.

Whilst installing the silentcoat I found my Stanley knife hiding under my rear seats!! wondered where Stanley had gotten to! Maybe he could have been causing the noise?

I also went around checking my wheel nuts & all of them were as tight as they're going except one.. Which was missing...I replaced the nut with a regular nut whilst I order some decent locking nuts. I also found a cut up locking nut on the floor further up the road! Steel wheels for a while I think! Scum can't resist but to try steal from others :(

On the upside.. The sound seems to have gone! Stanley's fault or the wheel?.. Hmmm. It only made the noise before when somebody was In the back seats so I'm blaming Stanley!!

• Like 2

Changed my Pollen filter today.. Looks like the first time it's been changed in it's life! Discusting! Damp & yuk

I also began installing some Split conduit under the bonnet! tidy the place up..Whilst under there i stood and stared at a piece of rubber pipe that came out of a little box and then went to nowhere.. it had puzzled me since I bought the car, A few minutes later I grabbed a pipe to put conduit on and behold IT WAS LOOSE. And the PERFECT size and shape to fit into the rubber pipe. Im guessing this is part of the EGR system? I know when i had my old two stroke i blocked all of the EGR off.. Maybe the previous owner had attempted to block this off, just.. without blocking it up?... I might have to burn it and see what difference it makes! the car seems to drive better now its not just venting exhaust gasses under the bonnet! Correct me if im wrong? Ill get some pictures when I get chance :)

post-57403-142200754238_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ah the screamer pipe,

To be honest these are designed for turbo cars,

They release the waste gasses quicker thus assisting the spooling time reducing lag on large turbos,

The better option for you would be a varex remote rear muffler,

Same butterfly valve remote servo jobbie and for your naturally aspirated motor; the same gains.

You could later upgrade to a 175" stainless pipe from the manifold flange back with a 200 cell universal random cat.

This along with a varex remote rear muffler will give you a little performance increase aswell as plenty of engine tone when you want it,

Or completely stock tone when you don't want it.

See video:

Changed my Pollen filter today.. Looks like the first time it's been changed in it's life! Discusting! Damp & yuk

I also began installing some Split conduit under the bonnet! tidy the place up..Whilst under there i stood and stared at a piece of rubber pipe that came out of a little box and then went to nowhere.. it had puzzled me since I bought the car, A few minutes later I grabbed a pipe to put conduit on and behold IT WAS LOOSE. And the PERFECT size and shape to fit into the rubber pipe. Im guessing this is part of the EGR system? I know when i had my old two stroke i blocked all of the EGR off.. Maybe the previous owner had attempted to block this off, just.. without blocking it up?... I might have to burn it and see what difference it makes! the car seems to drive better now its not just venting exhaust gasses under the bonnet! Correct me if im wrong? Ill get some pictures when I get chance :)

good to have the pollen filter changed mate,

The old one looks filthy indeed,

Comma manufacture a can of air cleaner for in the car aswell, very potent stuff used it as saw in my Snagglepuss Pu55y Wagon build thread from last year,

Works a treat though.

I've got a spare kit of blue conduit hose with cable ties if you have a use for it i can PM you a picture if desired.

I just want an exhaust cut out for a loud exhaust when I want it, and stock when I don't. Not bothered what form it comes in aslong as I get one! Haha :)

Look on YouTube "fiesta mk6 exhaust cut out"

The difference in sound is mad. On the verge of being overdubbed!

Must admit, I looked at the variable silencers but they're so much more expensive & I can't find the parts on their own to convert the factory silencer :(

That's why I started looking at the simple cut out pieces to put just before the silencer much much

cheaper :)

Aaah.. The much loved Random cat! ;)

• Like 1

What do you all think of me asking the Mods to rename this thread just as my build log? I'm finding myself centralising more and more in this

• Like 1

What do you all think of me asking the Mods to rename this thread just as my build log? I'm finding myself centralising more and more in this

No need to ask the mods,

Just go to your first post and select "edit" you can then change the name yourself.

No need to ask the mods,

Just go to your first post and select "edit" you can then change the name yourself.

Didn't know that! Just tried it in the IOS app and first it crashed.. And then it just opened to edit like any other post! I'll have to try on computer when I get in!

Thanks for that :)

• Like 1

I just want an exhaust cut out for a loud exhaust when I want it, and stock when I don't. Not bothered what form it comes in aslong as I get one! Haha :)

Look on YouTube "fiesta mk6 exhaust cut out"

The difference in sound is mad. On the verge of being overdubbed!

Must admit, I looked at the variable silencers but they're so much more expensive & I can't find the parts on their own to convert the factory silencer :(

That's why I started looking at the simple cut out pieces to put just before the silencer much much

cheaper :)

Aaah.. The much loved Random cat! ;)

Well i did try :lol:

The wastegate will back fire when you lay off the throttle as its pre-cat exit.

Good laugh for a couple of weeks after that youll find yourself dropping gears to get a break from the continous mono drone from the engine lol

• Like 1

I couldn't fit it pre cat :( as the cat is built into the manifold (WOOH! GO FORD! Haha :) )

I'd have to some how fit it post-cat but good point about the continuous drone... Don't you get with with a straight performance exhaust though?

• Like 1

I couldn't fit it pre cat :( as the cat is built into the manifold (WOOH! GO FORD! Haha :) )

I'd have to some how fit it post-cat but good point about the continuous drone... Don't you get with with a straight performance exhaust though?

you do but diesel isint raspy and loud its more of a pud pud sound.

you do but diesel isint raspy and loud its more of a pud pud sound.

Keep forgetting you're in a diesel! I learnt in a 1.0 turbo diesel! So much easier to drive than a NA petrol! :)

• Like 1

So here's a few pictures of the conduit I purchased! Note the horrible greenish colour of the included zip ties (left) and the more blue coloured ones I had from when I first bought the car.

post-57403-14220540595_thumb.jpg

The silicone tubing in the left hand corner is what I've got left from my windscreen washers. It has an inner diameter of 4mm. The tubing I originally put on had an outer diameter of 4mm (silly me!) so the mist washers I had fitted barely touched the windscreen at the best of times. Now I've fitted the 4mm ID the mist almost washes the car! Haha

Will take a few snaps tomorrow as I add abit more conduit post-57403-142205418384_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Just been having a play with the sub... It'll play 10hz.. Daren't turn it right up to get a dB reading but the flex is ridiculous!!! Wow

The MDF enclosure flexes at the front.. And it's managed to blow a corner slightly.. You can hear the air chugging out! :D BA BABABABABABABABABBAAAASSSSSS

• Like 2

So here's a few pictures of the conduit I purchased! Note the horrible greenish colour of the included zip ties (left) and the more blue coloured ones I had from when I first bought the car.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1422054058.480200.jpg

The silicone tubing in the left hand corner is what I've got left from my windscreen washers. It has an inner diameter of 4mm. The tubing I originally put on had an outer diameter of 4mm (silly me!) so the mist washers I had fitted barely touched the windscreen at the best of times. Now I've fitted the 4mm ID the mist almost washes the car! Haha

Will take a few snaps tomorrow as I add abit more conduit attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1422054182.612795.jpg

Conduit is looking good mate i have the same kit in my kitchen well not fitted obviously :lol: just storing it there.

Just been having a play with the sub... It'll play 10hz.. Daren't turn it right up to get a dB reading but the flex is ridiculous!!! WOW

The MDF enclosure flexes at the front.. And it's managed to blow a corner slightly.. You can hear the air chugging out! :D BA BABABABABABABABABBAAAASSSSSS

:lol: sounds awesome the sub has blown its own port in the enclosure that's impressive what spec is the amp?
Can you imagine the lag time on that spooling :lol: 6000 litres of fuel later just about ready to go :lol:
  • Like 2

Hahaah!

Wonder if it'd provide enough boost to power these machines https://www.facebook.com/ShedOTD/posts/433760430108669

:lol: they are definitly the power of dreams, spoiler on the spoiler lol thats a new one,

Must be what happens when one finishes modding there car they begin to add it again.

• Like 1

:lol: they are definitly the power of dreams, spoiler on the spoiler lol thats a new one,

Must be what happens when one finishes modding there car they begin to add it again.

Haha! The fiesta with the wing attached to the plate mounts is pretty highly tuned of it. I'm sure I've seen it on a tuning companies Instagram page... Hmm

• Like 1

Washed & waxed the car on Saturday. Spent a whole day washing mine and a friends car whilst he valeted the interiors. Sunday just bombed around town for abit, then got told I had a dentist appointment 25miles away! Down tight twisty country roads!! Uphill, downhill... Most fun I've had In a while!

Got home and then realised how filthy the car had gotten again..

So i took the opportunity to wash the car again! Saturday I used turtlewax zipwax.. Shampoo & wax in one & turtlewax pure wax. It's cheap & does a great job!

Today I just used the zipwax on it's own & it's shining again!

post-57403-142228075336_thumb.jpg

post-57403-14222807732_thumb.jpg

It's still attempting to bead :D

• Like 2

Looks great mate,

Se eh when are you doing mine?

• Like 1

Looks great mate,

Se eh when are you doing mine?

How does, Once seagulls stop sh1tting on mine sound?

Haha! Joys of the seaside!

• Like 2

How does, Once seagulls stop sh1tting on mine sound?

Haha! Joys of the seaside!

get yourself a sun roof and a shot gun :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club