Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Electric Turbo?

Fiesta Silver1.4

Ello, my friend has bought an electric Turbo charger? for his mk4 fiesta... Now what the hell?

An electric turbo? that isnt possible right? anyway, he has fitted it (apparently a universal fit) and he said its improved his performace...?

Which i belive to be literally and physically impossible, (unless he was high?) there is no way an electric turbo could force air into the engine like a "Real" turbo does riiiite?

Anybody come accros these strange contraptions before? I think there a load of B**lsh1t...

Rob.

hers an example i found Shoddy Turbos

Ello, my friend has bought an electric Turbo charger? for his mk4 fiesta... Now what the hell?

An electric turbo? that isnt possible right? anyway, he has fitted it (apparently a universal fit) and he said its improved his performace...?

Which i belive to be literally and physically impossible, (unless he was high?) there is no way an electric turbo could force air into the engine like a "Real" turbo does riiiite?

Anybody come accros these strange contraptions before? I think there a load of B**lsh1t...

Rob.

hers an example i found Shoddy Turbos

oh yes, another old gullable market trick.

If you have ever put your hand over the throttle body when the engine is running, even at idle you will soon see it draws in a hell of alot of air! a tiny little motor can in no way make an improvement, as for the performance increase, its in his head.

the motor would draw more power than it could deliver

Thats what i thought, it would drain the Power etc, but it says 2 amps? im not good but im guessing that isnt much? :s

and lol, also says Produces upto 15 - 20 horsepower increase (all for £99)...

K&n only do like 3-8 and they can cost up to £80-200.

its physically impossible for an electric motor to produce enough flow unless it was running at 3000wts. next people will be saying to !Removed! into the cone filter because the methain produces an octain boost. going back the the electric turbo watch this.

i would happily pay 100 quid for 15-20 hp more but as you suspected its just a piece of cr4p to say the least. and as for a 2 amp motor...thats like something out a kids toy.

there aint no replacement for a real turbo, especially not a tiny electric motor.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club