Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pick Up Tomorrow

amyjaj

I took her for a proper drive today and this is the story:

Never again am I taking my mum out in my car! We went to Milton Keynes today. I wasn't allowed to have the radio on, I had the sat nav set up so I could do it in my own time but she made me turn it off. She was saying you need this lane that lane the other at roundabouts etc. She was telling me when to enter onto a roundabouts. At junctions she was acting like she was driving by looking for traffic which meant she was blocking my view out the side window. I tell you I had a headache when I got there, I was that stressed. Oh and I nearly had an accident at a round about by slightly going up the round about on the way around because she was really putting me off. She's made me buy P plates. It as if she thought she was a driving instructor and a bad one at that by getting me to drive like her with her bad road habits shes picked up in the 23 years she's been driving. Oh and she kept on insisting on putting the car into drive, reverse etc and doing the handbreak herself. I was like I can manege to do it myself, I have done from my first driving lesson and passed my test doing it.

Nice one! I love the interior (have order the same one :D ).

But do you have 15" or 16" wheels on your car? They seem to bigger than 15" or am I wrong?

//Henrik

I think the 5 door helps balance the car out (in terms of wheel size) and make the 15"s look better, the tiny back window on the 3 door makes the 15"s look tiny.

Your mum sounds a nightmare but that is just typical back seat driving. Quite dangerous really as stressing you out in your new car when you are still getting used to it could cause an accident! If she cant keep quiet she should stay home!

The car looks great Amy and I well pleased for you. Many many happy hours of motoring to you :)

SO how did you get the Titanium badging on the boot then - was it a dealer fit thing?

SO how did you get the Titanium badging on the boot then - was it a dealer fit thing?

Factory mistake.

Shame - we hoping you were going to say that the dealer fits the badging and then I could have asked them not to put them in to save me the hasstle of taking it all off

I took her for a proper drive today and this is the story:

Never again am I taking my mum out in my car! We went to Milton Keynes today. I wasn't allowed to have the radio on, I had the sat nav set up so I could do it in my own time but she made me turn it off..............

Amy, this story must be the funiest I have ever read in a Forum. This morning I told my wife about it when picking our car in the garage and she laughed so loud that I felt ashamed.

Well, you have done a nice report about your mum... can we have now a report about your car?

Amy, my mum does the same .... hangs on to the door handle for dear life, tells me which lane I should be in, does the whole checking for traffic thing - like you say totally blocks your vision. Total nightmare!!! :)

I went to Oxford today on my own and it was better.

I totally love the car. It drives really well. I think it response faster then the Corsa. I've already used half a tank of petrol. The air con is brillient and I swear that my handbreak puts itself on!

I've had no problem with other driver when having the P Plates on but mind you I have a disabled driver sticker in the back window too. I've had more people up my bum when I haven't had them on. Today on the way back I didn't have them on and I was doing the speed limit and I still had a motor cycle up my rear end and he then he overtook my on the inside then went back on the outside lane in front of me.

Amy, my mum does the same .... hangs on to the door handle for dear life, tells me which lane I should be in, does the whole checking for traffic thing - like you say totally blocks your vision. Total nightmare!!! :)

My mum's the exact same too!!! It's totally frustrating, causes more arguments than anything, when I tell her, look, mum, I passed my test on my OWN, without anybody telling me which lane to go in, if the road's clear etc to go at a junction, typical back seat driving. I don't think she'll ever stop, because she does it with my dad as well, lol, I think the whole reason she HASN'T got a licence is because she'd hate me doing the same back to her! :lol:

I went to Oxford today on my own and it was better.

I totally love the car. It drives really well. I think it response faster then the Corsa. I've already used half a tank of petrol. The air con is brillient and I swear that my handbreak puts itself on!

I've had no problem with other driver when having the P Plates on but mind you I have a disabled driver sticker in the back window too. I've had more people up my bum when I haven't had them on. Today on the way back I didn't have them on and I was doing the speed limit and I still had a motor cycle up my rear end and he then he overtook my on the inside then went back on the outside lane in front of me.

Well done you... when I got my first car after passing my test I only took it to the shops 10 mins away and back, and only when it was quiet lol