Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MP3CD playback

10corsham

Hi

Corsham10.

Waiting for new Fiesta delivery.

I am curious about the audio display in connection with MP3 CD playback.

Is it possible to easily select individual tracks. I have a number of MP3 CDs which have an average of 220 MP3 tracks stored on each.

Can I pre-select, for example, track number 122 for playback. Any info about MP3 playback in the new Fiesta would be welcome.

No idea about the actual question - but loads of owners have been complaining about the fact that MP3 CDs skip lip made in the new Fezzer. :mellow:

Yes you can, You just type the track number you want on the 1-9 number keypad on the dash.

Warning though any MP CD Ive eve done of 175+tracks skip ocassionally.

Yes you can, You just type the track number you want on the 1-9 number keypad on the dash.

Warning though any MP CD Ive eve done of 175+tracks skip ocassionally.

Agreed; mine does occasionally but that's normal really and certainly not a problem. :)

Agreed; mine does occasionally but that's normal really and certainly not a problem. :)

Are you serious? I've tried different encdodings/different burning software and mine still skip a stupid amount. one song seems to skip every 3.5 seconds!

Are you serious? I've tried different encdodings/different burning software and mine still skip a stupid amount. one song seems to skip every 3.5 seconds!

No skipping here ....

10corsham

Does anyone know of any cure for the skipping being offered by Ford?

10corsham

You may not need one as your car will presumably come with the latest firmware.

I got my car 3 weeks ago and I have no skipping issues.

10corsham

There is a firmware update available, I think. I still haven't had time to call up my dealer about it. :(

There is a firmware update available, I think. I still haven't had time to call up my dealer about it. :(

Thanks to Fozzee and Irononreverse and all who replied.

My Fiesta (not arrived as yet) may be OK then. However, I do not understand the term firmware. How exactly is this firmware updated?

Thanks to Fozzee and Irononreverse and all who replied.

My Fiesta (not arrived as yet) may be OK then. However, I do not understand the term firmware. How exactly is this firmware updated?

Firmware is software that makes hardware (in this case your car stereo) work.

The dealer can install it.

Yeah, it's the software that the stereo uses. The newer version fixes MP3 skipping and allows bluetooth audio to be played from your phone via the AUX option. From what I've read on a different topic, it's installed from a cd.

• 1 month later...

I have booked my MK7 in for her 12,500 service for next week and spoken to the dealer, they say they are aware of the update to correct skipping MP3 CD's and will do the update at service.

Sounds a bit too good for Ford so watch this space!

I will report back when done.

Just a slight variation on Corsham10's initial question. I can understand being able to select an individual track if all the songs are back-to-back on the cd, but can you have separate folders (or albums) on the disc? So you could then firstly choose an album, then select an individual track from within this album. (Hope this makes sense). Also, can you actually 'name' the albums and songs, so that they display on the dashboard screen?

Just thought it would be a better way to organize my music, rather than having several artists all mixed up together. I don't have the car yet so can't experiment. I'm also not getting the USB option and would prefer not to use up the battery on my mobile phone (with built-in MP3 player), through the AUX-IN socket - so I guess the cd option would be my most prefered method.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers,

Sarc.

Yes, put the songs in folders, then just press the left button next to the big OK button and it lists the folders, select one and scroll throught the tracks in that folder

Yes, put the songs in folders, then just press the left button next to the big OK button and it lists the folders, select one and scroll throught the tracks in that folder

Excellent - thanks for your help. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club