Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full on Detail

greenymk7

Right guys and girls im gonna be giving my car a full on detail in a couple of weeks times as i will be driving all the way to scotland.

im gonna stick lots of pictures and any how to's everyone would like to see up on here.

so if you would like be to show any pictures of something u would really like to no about or see then i will do just stick your request in here and i will update it wen its all done :D

Right guys and girls im gonna be giving my car a full on detail in a couple of weeks times as i will be driving all the way to scotland.

im gonna stick lots of pictures and any how to's everyone would like to see up on here.

so if you would like be to show any pictures of something u would really like to no about or see then i will do just stick your request in here and i will update it wen its all done :D

good topic! i have bought myself a claying kit this week and it seems too simple just to spray, rub and wipe! is that all it really is?

I agree, would like to see pics of the claying process, and the hard wax application. Good topic!

Great idea Greeny. Another request for wax application here - including Lime Prime before and Red Mist afterwards please.

Dodo juice red mist is great stuff,applied it a couple of weeks ago and still a great bead,this is on top of a sutherbys paint protection seal. I used a foam applicator and a buff off using dodo,s super soft micro fibre cloth.

I'd quite like to see how you keep the wax/polish off the plastic trim when applying. I've got some white marks that I need to get off with some fast glass... When I buy some. :lol:

I'd quite like to see how you keep the wax/polish off the plastic trim when applying. I've got some white marks that I need to get off with some fast glass... When I buy some. :lol:

Mask off your trims...

Mask off your trims...

... I see... That would make sense... TOO much sense perhaps?

Thanks for that, I am rather scared of my lead in time for washing now. The last time I detailed my car it was when Andy Murray started his match that finished at 10.45...

boiling water and a good rub will take the white marks off

What does the foam applicator for applying the wax look like?

Cool - I thought for a minute they were just for one finger - I'd be there for months!

Let alone the funny looks you'd get for fingering your car! :lol:

Let alone the funny looks you'd get for fingering your car! :lol:

Indeed !

Just an update for everyone, i am awaiting a few new products to turn up this week and some good weather at the weekend and i will get out there with my camera :D

Just an update for everyone, i am awaiting a few new products to turn up this week and some good weather at the weekend and i will get out there with my camera :D

Excellent!

Just spent £80 on dodo juice stuff - now all I need is Greeny's application advice!

Oooo, whatcha get Karen?

I got the Born to be Mild car wash, clay bar, clay lube, Lime prime light, Hard Candy Wax, wax applicator and a drying towel - phew!!! Now I need to find a spare couple of days to clean it.

Am a bit scared about the clay bar bit - only ever washed and polished my car before this.

i will put some pics up this weekend of the clay bar.

it is really very simple tho, as long as you spray the lube on the car and the clay bar you should be fine, just keep it constantly wet :)

i will put some pics up this weekend of the clay bar.

it is really very simple tho, as long as you spray the lube on the car and the clay bar you should be fine, just keep it constantly wet :)

Do I wash the car in between all the stages?

wash wheels

foam car (if possible & leave for 15 mins)

wash car

dry

clay

wash car

dry

lime prime

wax

light wash - 24 hours after first wax

wax again

repeat washing every couple of weeks

spray red mist after washing and drying

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club