Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2010 Ipod Help

denzil1471

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum my other half has bought Mondeo Sport 1.8tdci as we've just purchased our house to save abit of £££ as she had a Astra VXR beforehand but was thirsty.

She has just purchased a new Ipod we connected it to the USB it show's everything but no sound iv'e read up on this about a firmware update have any of you done this?

Iv'e seen people mentioning about a Y cable but doesn't support the iPhone 5 onwards.

Thanks any help welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to use an 3.5mm audio cable in to the aux port as well as the USB for sound. Mine won't work with an ipod touch but does with an I pod nano. Not sure why though

As above you need to plug the audio lead in as well.

You can do an update which removes the need for the audio cable.

Have a search for either the april 2012 or nov 2012 update. I'm pretty sure either makes the audio work without the cable.

You download the file, put it on a usb stick on plug it in. Takes a while to update then all works.

I got the update files from talkford

Thanks matt, just updated mine. good find!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club