Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Company Car

MattDRX

Morning All,

So new job starts on 01/06 and I get to chose a company car from the pic attached or inserted or whatever, maybe it won't even work who knows.

Thinking 308? best spec and most economical, 2nd most eco car in the UK behind the 208, interior on these actually looks good.

Focus seems like a pants spec and crap engine and not even looking at a fiesta, would be a downgrade after owning an ST.

What think?

post-47848-0-02378400-1431595678_thumb.p

The bluehdi is the most powerful engine there.

I wouldn't want a gutless 1.5 tdci Focus in that spec.

I think I would agree that the 308 is best pick of the bunch there.

• Like 1

best bet is to take a test drive in the peugeots and the DS3/C4 VTR (DS3 being my choice - funky looking car).

I like a DS3 but they have been out for like 6 years now, getting on a bit and they haven't changed at all. 308 seems much more car.

the DS3 could have had subtle changes but you have to admit it does look good!

The Renault Captur looked ok in last nights tv ad....

Captur is a poverty spec though, an Expression+ doesn't have anything good on it and it's the lesser engine.

308 has full BT, USB, Sat Nav the works, quite a lot of kit, plus the economy is stupidly good, quicker too.

Although remarkably and this may well follow suit for other cars in the near future.

Peugeot now charge additional £80 for a CD player....... Gone back to the 90's now.

I'd choose the 308. It's a really nice car!

I don't really see the need for a CD player anymore...barely anyone uses them now.

I know, but tbh they are handy at times, I have too many CD's to put on my phone, just cannot be bothered to rip and upload several GB's worth of data, good to have when you fancy listening to something you've not heard in years.

Yeah that's true. Do you have much leeway with options and colour etc? Do you know when the car would arrive?

It's an Active spec, no extras allowed and only in Silver, wait time is whatever the lease firm has, about 6 weeks according to their websites anyway. Pug normally have a vast surplus of cars kicking about anyway so shouldn't be too long.

• Like 1

Captur is a poverty spec though, an Expression+ doesn't have anything good on it and it's the lesser engine.

308 has full BT, USB, Sat Nav the works, quite a lot of kit, plus the economy is stupidly good, quicker too.

Although remarkably and this may well follow suit for other cars in the near future.

Peugeot now charge additional £80 for a CD player....... Gone back to the 90's now.

The 308 it is then - sounds like the only real option and BTW i still have and use a CD player. I'm not down with the kids and use ipods etc.

Are you going to test drive one before ordering?

I certainly am wasting a certain Berkshire Pug dealers time tomorrow at 1030, have requested the exact spec I can get. I'll post a pic of the interior too, looks quite cool online.

The front of the 308 looks like a Focus mated with a Vauxhall.

Although I hate French cars, must admit the 308 cabin looks pretty cool.

• Like 1

What's up with the rev counter? At first I thought the image was mirrored!! :rolleyes:

3920155944110.jpg

I see the logic to it if I'm homest but I'd prefer it to be as normal. Wouldn't be a deal breaker though!

Let you know how you get on Matt, I doubt it'll be the most exciting car you could have but should make a good company car.

Morning All,

So new job starts on 01/06 and I get to chose a company car from the pic attached or inserted or whatever, maybe it won't even work who knows.

Thinking 308? best spec and most economical, 2nd most eco car in the UK behind the 208, interior on these actually looks good.

Focus seems like a pants spec and crap engine and not even looking at a fiesta, would be a downgrade after owning an ST.

What think?

If thats all your new employer is offering, you need to climb that career ladder FAST!.

Why? Matt already has his own car for fun...a new cheap to run hatch would be a good choice for mile munching. I'd be more than happy with a new 308 company car.

If thats all your new employer is offering, you need to climb that career ladder FAST!.

Are there employers in the UK offering Ferrari's? If so, please do tell me which ones!!

• Like 1

Tbh I would be quite happy with the 308 as a company car!

• Like 1

The 308 is actually a Solid car, Pug actually have a Focus and a Golf on site and they are openly daring people to try them all on their forecourts without selling the other two to prove their quality, I have to say the icockpit that pug have is solid, the touchscreen stuff s far quicker than Renaults and VW's, the power from a 120BHP 1.6 Derv was actually pretty good, very smooth and the car is Huge tbh, boot is enormous, was bigger than a Focus, only has 1 cup holder though, Satnav is far better than the Tom Tom crap ford use, screen is twice the size and the traffic is up to date as it can be, an low and behold you can actually mute the voice on it. wish my Fiesta had that.

Safe to say i'll be happy driving it for work if it's free, on the 20min test run it did 71.4MPG lol had 1.5k on the clock. stupidly good car. I wouldn't buy one for £20k though, bit steep for a car like this, something like 16odd it would sell very well.

• Like 1

Sounds good, especially when you're not paying for it. Does this mean you can use the company car for personal use and then just have the S2000 for fun on the weekends?

I do get it for personal use too yes, yep the S2k will live the rainy days in the garage now, may make a point of giving it an underseal and mint it up a bit, will be doing minimal miles really, even this weekend I did about 60 miles and the fuel economy frightened me a touch lol 22MPG but well worth it tbh, most boss roadster going for under 10K, even at 20k there are barely any other, perhaps a SLK55 the older shape or a Boxster but nowt else.

Glad that's worked out well for you! Do you know when the Pug will come? Should be good, their quality is excellent now, it seems that reliability is very good now too.