Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford service assure

UKChris

Has anyone taking this out for there new fiesta, if so how much is it?

Has anyone taking this out for there new fiesta, if so how much is it?

I recently paid £432 for the 3 year package - this covers all of the costs of the first 3 services plus Ford Protect breakdown cover for years 2 & 3, seems like a bargain!

I know it is expensive compared to the MINI one which, if memory serves me right, was 150 for 5 years and only 450 for 8 years!

there a good plan only thing is it doesnt cover brae fluid change at 37500 miles or 3 years thats an additional payment as its an optional item.

i wont be getting it on mine as i work at dealership so get mega cheap services but it is a decent price in comparison to just walking in and payin on the day! other big thing is the cost of servicing has went up 30% in the last 3 years......

Do you buy it from a certain dealer and then have to get the work carried out by them? Or can you buy it from any dealer and / or get the work done by any ford main dealer?

I'm buying my car from a dealer about 100miles from where I live, so would be a bit of an effort to get the services done, even if it worked out cheaper for the actual service.

You not have to go to a dealer for a service, I have checked as long as you use Ford genuine parts and the garage is VAT registered then you can take it else where. Which is exactly what I did ,because (Brunel Ford in Weston Super mare are rubbish), Just had to fit that in where ever I can get it in.

By going else where every garage in the country will under cut Ford and probably do a better job. Did I mention Ford dealers are rubbish at anything other than selling cars, oh yeah think I did.

You not have to go to a dealer for a service, I have checked as long as you use Ford genuine parts and the garage is VAT registered then you can take it else where. Which is exactly what I did ,because (Brunel Ford in Weston Super mare are rubbish), Just had to fit that in where ever I can get it in.

By going else where every garage in the country will under cut Ford and probably do a better job. Did I mention Ford dealers are rubbish at anything other than selling cars, oh yeah think I did.

That price is a lot better than for my Mk 6.5 '58 reg, and I only got the offer of it in the post direct from Ford, and it DID include brake-fluid, as an improvement to cover. I took on my dealers own version, which was 3 services + 1st MoT, but no extra years of the AA cover (Ford Assist). Ford/AA offer you extensions to your AA cover at special prices (£56 for self and spouse for my car, now, and in future depends on how many call-outs you have, but you are no longer with "Ford Assist").

Today, I would take on the Ford Premium Plan version, as you can go to any Ford dealer. so you are protected if the the Dealership goes bust. I am tied to my supplying dealer, for servicing, and the "Ford Premium Plan" just demands that all 3 services are done at Ford dealerships or service centres.

Ford's own plan can be extended, but you need to decide fairly quickly, just as the offer of "Premium Plan" has a short period from new.

My dealer told me that, if I didn't have it's first year service, I loose the rest of the 3 years warranty. I dont know if this is right or not?

My dealer told me that, if I didn't have it's first year service, I loose the rest of the 3 years warranty. I dont know if this is right or not?

Complete rubbish - several years ago the law was changed to stop this kind of practice. As long as the parts used by the people servicing the car is acceptable to Ford, which most of the major brands would be, then they cannot say that.

If you really want to be careful you could get your independant servicer to use genuine Ford parts . . .

I recently paid £432 for the 3 year package - this covers all of the costs of the first 3 services plus Ford Protect breakdown cover for years 2 & 3, seems like a bargain!

Hi

Is the package you mention available from all UK Ford dealers? If so where can I get further details? Will my dealer be aware of such a package?

Hi

Is the package you mention available from all UK Ford dealers? If so where can I get further details? Will my dealer be aware of such a package?

They should know all about it - tbh I am surprised that they don't publicise it more

The dealers tend not to push the Ford plan, as they usually have their own version of the plan, which is negotiable to some extent, as I had the 1st MoT included, and there was no option to extend the "Ford Assist" recovery service, as part of the package. You do, however, get preferential terms with AA. I pay my plan over 33 months, for 3 services, + the MoT.

I had already signed up to the dealer's plan before the Ford Plan offer dropped in my letter-box.

They should know all about it - tbh I am surprised that they don't publicise it more

Hi

I mentioned this servicing plan to the service dept at my local dealer.

They did not react with any certainty. I asked if there was any leaflet from Ford to explain this plan. The answer was no. He said the salesman will explain more when I take delivery (soon now)

It seems a haphazard practice which allows the salesman to juggle the price as he thinks fit!

I would prefer to see something in print about this service plan. Can anyone offer any further info?

Hi

I mentioned this servicing plan to the service dept at my local dealer.

They did not react with any certainty. I asked if there was any leaflet from Ford to explain this plan. The answer was no. He said the salesman will explain more when I take delivery (soon now)

It seems a haphazard practice which allows the salesman to juggle the price as he thinks fit!

I would prefer to see something in print about this service plan. Can anyone offer any further info?

I have finally picked up on KeithC’s earlier reply (giving useful info). . It is surprising that the local service dept were not aware of it...or are they just playing dumb!

Complete rubbish - several years ago the law was changed to stop this kind of practice. As long as the parts used by the people servicing the car is acceptable to Ford, which most of the major brands would be, then they cannot say that.

If you really want to be careful you could get your independant servicer to use genuine Ford parts . . .

But that's not what he said Paul - he said 'if you don't have it serviced (AT ALL)' the warranty will be invalidated - and that's true.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club