Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still no soloution from pioneer!!!

Ronnie Roberts

Well Ive had my mk7 a week now, currently its been in service department every day since i got it due to fitting pionner upgrades...

Rear fitted in no problems... but the front are proving a nightmare!

first set of fitting adapters didnt fit!

2nd set fitted but window wont work as the speaker stops the regulators!

waited days for pioneer response and they came back with " we suggest swapping the Speakers for another model which is less deep to avoid window problems"

in the end i have had to buy 4 sets of adapters at £22 each and joing them together to put the front ones in aswell as fitting washers to give enough clearnece to get Speakers in...

so i ended up footing the bill for 4 sets of adapters and pioneer have yet to get an answer... poor show for a company of that size!!

Hi Ronnie

What was the mount depth of the Pioneers? My MK7 is currently in the shop to have the sound upgraded...

I am installing a set of DD splits which has a big magnet , so far there is no problems with the windows...

there 66mm depth... thats from mounting holes...

as for the old Speakers i still have them so il take some pics and upload them... they come with pods already part of the Speakers where as the new ones need pods added!

they come with pods already part of the speakers where as the new ones need pods added!

Thanks again!

I noticed that some kind pads will be needed as speaker hole is 16cm wide and standard Speakers are 16.5cm wide which is not enough for the hole of that size .....

Thanks again!

I noticed that some kind pads will be needed as speaker hole is 16cm wide and standard speakers are 16.5cm wide which is not enough for the hole of that size .....

we had to get fitting adapers finis code is 1479484 and use 2 of them ontop of each other to get the front Speakers in as the window regulators catch otherwise!!

we had to get fitting adapers finis code is 1479484 and use 2 of them ontop of each other to get the front speakers in as the window regulators catch otherwise!!

Thanks for fast reply!

Yep, I understand exactly why they used 2 of them, its because you need more depth for Speakers, they got few mm more (max 5mm) with one extra adapter. I have more interest in rear Speakers. Sound is better from rear Speakers ( if you have mk7 with 3 doors) as there is no nasty vibration sound which is coming from car doors.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club