Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st MK7 service - Have I been robbed?!

sussex

Never had a new car so a "first service" is new to me!

Here is the itemised bill (ex VAT)

"Carry out 12,500 mile service - £107.64

oil - £29.93

Environmental Charge - £3.80

Filter Assy - O £4.75

Bulb - £10.22 (My headlight had blown)

Oe plug-oil drain - £5.30

Odour Filter - £11.95

V.A.T - £26.04

TOTAL PAID - £199.63 - OUCH

sounds ok was quoted £180 for first and £220 for major but don't forget you don't have to use a main dealer any more..

Ive been thinking of getting one of the service plans

http://www.ford.co.uk/Buyingandprotectingy...AssistancePlans

£430 for 3 services,plus 2 years extra AA cover doesnt seem too bad if the garages are quoting £190 for a first service,

I will check with my local dealer for their prices,the last Fiesta I had was £125 for the basic service (inc oil and vat),going to £240 ish for the main service.

dave

I have paid £300 for the 2 years service with the AA cover (even though im a member of RAC).

But it looks like i have been done over because (unless im missing something) i still have to pay for oil changes etc

Can someone let me know if i have been done over or if it was a good buy!?

My first service was £125 via a non ford dealer just my local garage, they did use Ford parts also. This is all perfectly within the warranty so maybe do this for your next service.

With evans halshaw ford the 1st service is £122 now ...

and sussex... your bulbs u shouldnt have to pay for at all! mine have blown already but ford said they are covered.. look in to that!

Ouch! Ford prices :(

Yep, you've been robbed mine cost me £99.00 including V.A.T!!

Not looking forward to my next service, as I expect that to be £250 plus

My service will be free as the service manager just loves me because he never bothers to fix my complaints!!

MOT for my old fiesta cost £800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where they fixed an oil sump incorrectly so oil leaked all over my parents brand new block paved drive!!!

My first service for my Mk6 was £99.00 from Rapid Fit, next door to the Ford dealer that quoted £160??!

Local independent garage was only £5 cheaper.

I was thinking of going to Rapid Fit next March. My first Ka service was £140 at the main dealers and when I phoned Rapid Fit for a quote on the second service they quoted £99. The thing that annoyed me about the first service was that the invoice said "price quoted to customer £140". It almost seemed like they could make up any price they wanted.