Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nationality?

meddyliol

Does it really make any difference where your car was made. Is it just snobbery. Mine was made in Spain but would prefer it was made in Germany. From my experience having lived in Berlin for four years, the Germans are very good at making things but crap at repairing them. I don't know what the Spanish builders are like, maybe they are great. Any comments would be appreciated.

Ta Ta

Brian :rolleyes:

I don't really know if it makes any difference, but my Dad used to work for Ford, and has been to Cologne. He said it was very impressive.

He also pointed out that Ford Europe has their HQ in Germany, and he was frequently annoyed by directives coming out of there which favoured Germany over everyone else. He said they very much tended to 'look after their own'.

So following on from that, you could theorise that the German built Fords could be better than ones built elsewhere. I have no real evidence though.

My Valencia built Ka still runs smoothly after 10 years and 98000 miles of terrible roads and stop start driving in Malta. My Fiesta is built in Valencia too and I'm not concerned about the quality, even though it had a paint defect! The standards should be the same throughout Ford production lines.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club